wxListBox and others after upgrade to MacOS X 10.4

Discussion in 'Python' started by ishtar, Nov 20, 2005.

  1. ishtar

    ishtar Guest

    Hi

    I have strange problem...

    Background:
    I created some application using Linux which was intended to run on Mac
    OS X. There were few differences between Linux and Mac behavior of
    wxWidgets but finally after exchange of several screenshots i was able
    to finish it without even touching mac. BTW It was funny expirience. It
    was Mac OS 10.2 and everything was installed separetlly (wxPython,
    pyXML)
    Now they (my dear users) changed the OS to 10.4 where everything except
    pyXML is on place and it is working strange - means users can't use it.

    Problem:
    controls like buttons and lists are enabled but I can not click on them
    - it's not reacting.
    When some list focused on startup I can use it by keys (up and down
    arrows - to be clear)
    but mouse events are not handled at all.

    I spent some time on this problem and looks like I am in deadend.
    If anybody knows some directions where I can investigate ... would be
    great.

    regards

    ishtar, Nov 20, 2005

  2. ishtar

    isthar Guest

    Hi again....

    more data:

    I upgraded to 2.6.x version of wxPython and tried to run my program (
    using
    wxversion.switch('2.6') of course) - no results.
    Demo boudled with wxPython works well ( at least wxListBox )

    BTW UI code was generated by wxGlade.

    Help Help Help....

    isthar, Nov 21, 2005