wxPythin installation woes

linuxfreak

Hi all,

Was working with python 2.3 in a fedora core 3 machine. I upgraded it
to Fedora Core 4 with a clean install. So now I have python 2.4
installed. But when I try to install wxPython for python 2.4 using an
rpm file i downloaded from the wxpython web site i get dependencies
errors. Turns out that libstdc++.so.5 is needed but I checked and i
see that libstdc++.so.6 is installed on my system. Help needed guys and
needed pronto. Thanks a ton once again :)

Martin Franklin

linuxfreak said:
Hi all,

Was working with python 2.3 in a fedora core 3 machine. I upgraded it
to Fedora Core 4 with a clean install. So now I have python 2.4
installed. But when I try to install wxPython for python 2.4 using an
rpm file i downloaded from the wxpython web site i get dependencies
errors. Turns out that libstdc++.so.5 is needed but I checked and i
see that libstdc++.so.6 is installed on my system. Help needed guys and
needed pronto. Thanks a ton once again :)

I have fedora core 4 and a yum list wx* produces this:-

wxGTK.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-common.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-common-devel.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-devel.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-gl.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-stc.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK-xrc.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK2.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK2-devel.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK2-gl.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK2-stc.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxGTK2-xrc.i386 2.4.2-12 extras
wxPythonGTK2.i386 2.4.2.4-7 extras

So I assume a

yum install wxPythonGTK2

will get you wxPython installed.

*I havn't done that since I only use Tkinter*

Martin