wxPython and Py2exe crashes in "window" mode but not in "console" mode

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jerry, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    I have created an application using wxPython and compiled it using
    py2exe. When I put

    setup(console=['myscript.py'])

    in my setup.py file, the resulting application runs just fine. But
    when I change it to

    setup(windows=['myscript.py'])

    The application crashes without any indication of what happened.
    During this particular point in the application it calls a
    gethostbyaddr and gethostbyname and does a spawnl to another
    application. When I use Tkinter, this does not happen. I've searched
    around Google and the py2exe and wxPython sites and haven't found
    anything that seems to relate to this.

    Details:
    All are binary distributions for Windows running on Windows XP SP2
    ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12
    wxPython 2.6.3.3 (ansi) for Python 2.4
    py2exe 0.6.5

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Jerry
    Jerry, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Re: wxPython and Py2exe crashes in "window" mode but not in "console"mode

    Hi Jerry,
    > I have created an application using wxPython and compiled it using
    > py2exe. When I put
    >
    > setup(console=['myscript.py'])
    >
    > in my setup.py file, the resulting application runs just fine. But
    > when I change it to
    >
    > setup(windows=['myscript.py'])
    >
    > The application crashes without any indication of what happened.
    > During this particular point in the application it calls a
    > gethostbyaddr and gethostbyname and does a spawnl to another
    > application. When I use Tkinter, this does not happen. I've searched
    > around Google and the py2exe and wxPython sites and haven't found
    > anything that seems to relate to this.
    >
    > Details:
    > All are binary distributions for Windows running on Windows XP SP2
    > ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12
    > wxPython 2.6.3.3 (ansi) for Python 2.4
    > py2exe 0.6.5

    I'd like to reproduce your crash, could you post a sample ?
    jean-michel bain-cornu, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    jean-michel, I'm at work at the moment and can't post with attachments.
    I will do so once I get home.

    Jerry, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest