wxPython and PyGame - do they play well together?

Erik Bethke

Hello All,

I am having a great time with python and pygame, and last night I took
a long look at the wxPython demo. I think that rocks as well.

So now, my question is do wxPython and PyGame work together?

How is the windows event loop managed? How is the display window
managed?

Is it possible to have some sort of master/slave relationship between
the two?

Is it possible that either could be dominant?

Does this sound too weird?

I appreciate any fingers pointing in any directions...

Thank you,
-Erik

Terry Reedy

Erik Bethke said:
I am having a great time with python and pygame, and last night I took
a long look at the wxPython demo. I think that rocks as well.

So now, my question is do wxPython and PyGame work together?

I have no personal experience, but based on posts to the Pygame mailing
list, also accessible via Google or as newsgroup thru Gmane (where I read
it), the answer is yes. The subject of Pygame with guis has been discussed
in the past couple of months. I recommend that you read the archives for
the recent past and then join the list or subscribe via gmane or google.
It is a low volume, low noise, list.

Terry J. Reedy