wxPython and SuSE 10.0

Steve

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a wxPython RPM for SuSE 10.0 available. I
Googled for it with no luck, but I'm hopeful that there is one out
there.

Thanks-in-Advance
Steve

Ben C

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a wxPython RPM for SuSE 10.0 available. I
Googled for it with no luck, but I'm hopeful that there is one out
there.

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/python-wxgtk.html
is the package you want I suppose, it's called
python-wxGTK-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm.

You get it with SUSE 10.0 pro but not in openSUSE. Don't know why not as
it's GPL.

So it exists, I can tell you that much... not sure where you can get it
though. Googling the exact name throws up a few things.

Ah here we are:

http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/researc...xWindows/RPMS/python-wxGTK-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm

Steve

Ben said:
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/python-wxgtk.html
is the package you want I suppose, it's called
python-wxGTK-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm.

You get it with SUSE 10.0 pro but not in openSUSE. Don't know why
not as it's GPL.

So it exists, I can tell you that much... not sure where you can get
it though. Googling the exact name throws up a few things.

Ah here we are:
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/researc...xWindows/RPMS/python-wxGTK-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm

Thanks Ben, I appreciate the information.

Steve

Jorge Godoy

Steve said:
I was wondering if there is a wxPython RPM for SuSE 10.0 available. I
Googled for it with no luck, but I'm hopeful that there is one out
there.

There are RPMs within SuSE's DVD / CDs, IIRC. Anyway, you can get it with
Apt, smart and even YaST.

--
Jorge Godoy <[email protected]>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.

Steve

Jorge said:
There are RPMs within SuSE's DVD / CDs, IIRC. Anyway, you can get
it with Apt, smart and even YaST.

I was unable to find it on the CD,s, I'm using Open SuSE. I did
finally locate it and get it downloaded. Thanks for the reply.

Steve