    Hi all, which should be install? Really confused @@...
    Is that mean unicode version used for programming in language other than
    English?

    monkey, May 1, 2005

  2. monkey

    Robert Kern Guest

    monkey wrote:
    > Hi all, which should be install? Really confused @@...

    Unicode.

    > Is that mean unicode version used for programming in language other than
    > English?

    No. The Unicode version allows the underlying wxWidgets GUI toolkit to
    use Unicode text. You want this.

    On certain platforms, older versions of the unicode version of wxPython
    were somewhat unstable. I believe this has been largely resolved, and
    the ANSI versions will be going away.

    I may have some details wrong. If you want an authoritative answer, ask
    on the wxPython lists.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter