wxPython Cannot convert from the charset 'latin-1'

Helmut Jarausch

Hi,

I'm trying to teach "dugui.py" (a tiny GUI for restructuredtext written in
wxPython) to accept files in isolatin-1 encoding. It displays e.g. German
umlauts correctly but then I get a popup window saying
Python Error
Cannot convert from the charset 'latin-1'!

How can I find out where this did come from. Running it under pdb
isn't helpful either.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

kyosohma

Hi,

I'm trying to teach "dugui.py" (a tiny GUI for restructuredtext written in
wxPython) to accept files in isolatin-1 encoding. It displays e.g. German
umlauts correctly but then I get a popup window saying
Python Error
Cannot convert from the charset 'latin-1'!

How can I find out where this did come from. Running it under pdb
isn't helpful either.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Probably your best bet is to post wxPython specific questions to the
wxPython user's group: http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

But I did a little Google-fu and found this for you:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/UnicodeBuild

Mike