wxPython / Dabo demo shell ?

stef

hello,

I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.

Is there any more information available about this shell,
because it seems a very nice / good way to show
(many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

thanks,
Stef mientki

Ed Leafe

I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.

Is there any more information available about this shell,
because it seems a very nice / good way to show
(many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

There isn't a common shell. I wrote DaboDemo from scratch, using the
Dabo Class Designer visual tools; you can actually open up the demo
in the Class Designer and edit the entire thing!

I just thought that the wxPython demo was such a great way to
explore wxPython and try out new things that I blatantly copied it. ;-)

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

Chris Mellon

--

The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to

Ed Leafe

The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
add to your own applications, documentation is at
http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html

I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

stef

Ed said:
I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.
Yes you're right Ed,
I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user configurable
tree).

And if you can copy it,
I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

thanks,
Stef

Ed Leafe

I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user
configurable
tree).

And if you can copy it,
I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those
files' 'category' attribute.

If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at http://
leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

Stef Mientki

Ed said:
You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those files'
'category' attribute.

If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at
http://leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users

Thanks very much for the information,
I'll look in that in more detail in the near future.

cheers,
Stef