    (many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

    thanks,
    Stef mientki
    stef, Jun 8, 2007

  2. stef

    Ed Leafe Guest

    On Jun 8, 2007, at 3:14 AM, stef wrote:

    > I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
    > and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
    > I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.
    >
    > Is there any more information available about this shell,
    > because it seems a very nice / good way to show
    > (many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

    There isn't a common shell. I wrote DaboDemo from scratch, using the
    Dabo Class Designer visual tools; you can actually open up the demo
    in the Class Designer and edit the entire thing!

    I just thought that the wxPython demo was such a great way to
    explore wxPython and try out new things that I blatantly copied it. ;-)

    -- Ed Leafe
    -- http://leafe.com
    -- http://dabodev.com
    Ed Leafe, Jun 8, 2007

  3. stef

    Chris Mellon Guest

    On 6/8/07, stef <> wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
    > and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
    > I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.
    >
    > Is there any more information available about this shell,
    > because it seems a very nice / good way to show
    > (many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Stef mientki
    > --

    The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
    as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
    add to your own applications, documentation is at
    http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html
    Chris Mellon, Jun 8, 2007
  4. stef

    Ed Leafe Guest

    On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mellon wrote:

    > The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
    > as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
    > add to your own applications, documentation is at
    > http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html

    I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
    overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
    application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.

    -- Ed Leafe
    -- http://leafe.com
    -- http://dabodev.com
    Ed Leafe, Jun 8, 2007
  5. stef

    stef Guest

    Ed Leafe wrote:
    > On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mellon wrote:
    >
    >> The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
    >> as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
    >> add to your own applications, documentation is at
    >> http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html

    > I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
    > overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
    > application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.

    Yes you're right Ed,
    I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
    really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user configurable
    tree).

    And if you can copy it,
    I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

    thanks,
    Stef

    stef, Jun 8, 2007
  6. stef

    Ed Leafe Guest

    On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:01 AM, stef wrote:

    > I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
    > really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user
    > configurable
    > tree).
    >
    > And if you can copy it,
    > I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

    You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
    folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
    demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
    how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
    based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those
    files' 'category' attribute.

    If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
    them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at http://
    leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users

    -- Ed Leafe
    -- http://leafe.com
    -- http://dabodev.com
    Ed Leafe, Jun 8, 2007
  7. stef

    Stef Mientki Guest

    Ed Leafe wrote:
    > On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:01 AM, stef wrote:
    >
    >> I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
    >> really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user configurable
    >> tree).
    >>
    >> And if you can copy it,
    >> I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

    > You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
    > folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
    > demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
    > how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
    > based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those files'
    > 'category' attribute.
    >
    > If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
    > them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at
    > http://leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users

    Thanks very much for the information,
    I'll look in that in more detail in the near future.

    cheers,
    Stef

    Stef Mientki, Jun 8, 2007