wxPython examples

Axium Computer Services

I have been reading everything I can find for tutorials on wxPython and
I am finally starting to get the hang of it.

The thing that really bothers me about the tutorials is the entire
layout is always in the __init__ method of the wxFrame class. It seems
if the applications got very large this would become unwieldy.

So anyway I am looking for a good example program that has the layout
elements split into classes.

Thanks

Steven Potter

Peter Maas

Axium said:
The thing that really bothers me about the tutorials is the entire
layout is always in the __init__ method of the wxFrame class. It seems
if the applications got very large this would become unwieldy.

Usual solution is to move the layout definition to a separate file.
This could be Python code, XML, or something else (see PythonCard
resource files or Delphi dfm files).

wxPython allows to define the dialog layout with XML (see demo).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas