wxPython: How can I get window's HANDLE in wxPython.

Paul McNett

Leo said:
I need a window's handle to be passed to external c++.
Thanks in advance

import wx
help(wx.Window.GetHandle)

"""
GetHandle(*args, **kwargs) unbound wx._core.Window method
GetHandle(self) -> long

Returns the platform-specific handle (as a long integer) of the
physical window. On wxMSW this is the win32 window handle, on wxGTK
it is the XWindow ID, and on wxMac it is the ControlRef.
"""

Paul

Mike Driscoll

I need a window's handle to be passed to external c++.
Thanks in advance

Are you talking about a wxPython wx.Window object or an external
window handle? If the latter, then I recommend asking about that on
the PyWin32 user's group. Otherwise, follow Paul's suggestion.

Mike

Leo Lee

Thank you , Mike.
"Mike Driscoll" <[email protected]>