wxpython on cygwin for drPython - ImportError: No module named _core_

Stephane Roy

Hi,

Did someone installed and used successfully drPython on Cygwin? The
installation requires
wxpython. I tried many different alternatives (source, binary, etc) but so
far the best I get is the following.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "drpython.py", line 45, in ?
import wx, wx.stc
File "/lib/python2.4/Lib/site-packages/wx-2.6-msw-unicode/wx/__init__.py",
line 42, in ?
from wx._core import *
File "/lib/python2.4/Lib/site-packages/wx-2.6-msw-unicode/wx/_core.py",
line 4, in ?
import _core_
ImportError: No module named _core_

Thanks in advance
Stéphane

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out of it alive!

Franz Steinhaeusler

Hi,

Did someone installed and used successfully drPython on Cygwin? The
installation requires
wxpython. I tried many different alternatives (source, binary, etc) but so
far the best I get is the following.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "drpython.py", line 45, in ?
import wx, wx.stc
File "/lib/python2.4/Lib/site-packages/wx-2.6-msw-unicode/wx/__init__.py",
line 42, in ?
from wx._core import *
File "/lib/python2.4/Lib/site-packages/wx-2.6-msw-unicode/wx/_core.py",
line 4, in ?
import _core_
ImportError: No module named _core_

Thanks in advance
Stéphane

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out of it alive!

Hm, I suspect, the demo is also not working(?)

Apparantly a problem of installing wxPython.
I saw once one posting in the wxpython-user mailing list.
You could try to ask there.

Sorry for not having a better answer.

Guenter Dannoritzer

Stephane said:
Hi,

Did someone installed and used successfully drPython on Cygwin? The
installation requires
wxpython. I tried many different alternatives (source, binary, etc) but so
far the best I get is the following.

This might not be a direct help either, but have you considered running
the native windows python out of cygwin? I used to have the python that
comes with the cygwin installation, but ran several times into problems
with GUI base applications.

What I am doing now is have all python stuff installed as native windows
install and set the path accordingly so that I can call the interpreter
from the cygwin command line.

There might be some short comings with this way I haven't thought about
or ran into yet, but so far (for two years) I haven't run into any
problems with that.

Using this way I have developed some small GUI applications with wxPython.

Guenter

monkey

I install the original python(www.python.org), it works with wxpython and
DrPython very very well.
But your case seem to be due to DrPython is not programed for Cygwin. You
should read through the system requirement of DrPython. As remember, it
stated the www.python.org only ( ;