wxPython or wxWidgets

py

i need to design a GUI for my python app. i heard of wxWidgets and was
going to look into that, but then I saw wxPython. Why would I use
wxPython over wxWidgets?

thanks

Lawrence Oluyede

py said:
i need to design a GUI for my python app. i heard of wxWidgets and was
going to look into that, but then I saw wxPython. Why would I use
wxPython over wxWidgets?

wxPython is the Python porting of wxWidgets.

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

i need to design a GUI for my python app. i heard of wxWidgets and was
going to look into that, but then I saw wxPython. Why would I use
wxPython over wxWidgets?

wxPython are the Python bindings to wxWidgets which is a C++ library.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Matthias Kaeppler

Marc said:
wxPython are the Python bindings to wxWidgets which is a C++ library.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but since it's answered already:
Has wxWidgets finally arrived at migrating to GTK2? ^^
If so, I might consider using wxPython instead of pygtk for that small
application I am currently writing. This would help portability a lot
(since IIRC, wxWidgets has been designed to work on Windows, too).

The last time I checked, wxWidgets was GTK1, although GTK2 has had been
long around already. Because of this, and the nasty feeling that I was
programming MFC when working with the wxWidgets somewhat drove me away
from it with a big "Yuck!", but if it's based on GTK2 now I might risk
another glimpse.

Thanks,
Matthias