wxPython Plot always comes to focus on redraw

Jacob Davis

Hi.

I am using wxPython, and I have a frame that has a notebook in it.
there are 3 pages in the notebook, 2 of which are Panels and 1 of
which is a PlotCanvas. The data for the plot changes when I press a
button that is in the frame, but not in the notebook (as designed).
the button also makes the plot draw again, since the data has changed.

The problem is that whenever I press my button, the focus of the
notebook "view area" (as opposed to the tabs) changes focus to the
plot. if I have multiple plots, the focus goes to that plot which was
drawn last in the code. however, if I click anywhere on the panel, the
page of the notebook that is supposed to be in focus is now shown in
the "view area" of the notebook.

will try to make a sample .py if anybody needs a visual, let me know
pls.

Thanks for any help!

Jake

Mike Driscoll

[...]

Just a show in the dark, but is the plotcanvas object's parent a frame
or a panel? If it's the frame, than that's probably what the problem
is.

You may want to post to the wxPython list where you'll get wx geeks to
answer your question and you can learn a lot from them too. Here's a
link where you can sign up: http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

Mike

Jacob Davis

Thanks for the reply.

The parent is a notebook. (the Plotcanvas is a page in the notebook)
I tried to make the page of the notebook a panel, and then make the
PlotCanvas a child of this panel, but the Plot would not show up when
drawn.

I may have time to make a mini program to duplicate the error in the
future...