wxpython worked out but can't find api docs for download.

hg

krishnakant said:
hello all.
finally I got the accessibility issue out from wxpython. actually
almost got it out, but that's another story.
now my problem is that I can't gind a downloadable version of wxpython
api reference for the latest version or the latest api reference at
least.
I found the on-line version so please don't provide the same link.
when I opened it on line, it took about 8 minuts to get the wx package
come up on screen with over 600 links.
I need to have some off line reference for the wxpython api.
I have enough documentation to get started but I don't have the
extencive api references for events and other methods, properties and
attributes.
can some one point me to a .zip or .tar.gz version of the api docs for
wxpython? thanking all.
Krishnakant.

http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

krishnakant Mane

[...]

Dennis Lee Bieber

can some one point me to a .zip or .tar.gz version of the api docs for wxpython?

The only non-"live" documentation I'm familiar with is the book
"wxPython in Action"

http://www.amazon.com/Wxpython-Acti..._bbs_sr_1/104-6504898-6017507?ie=UTF8&s=books

However, the wxPython version I have installed on my desktop
included a Windows CHM file under (my Python is on E:) {Note: I don't
recall if this was a separate download for documentation}:

E:\Python24\Doc\wxPython2.6 Docs and Demos\docs\wx.chm

I'd think a Linux install would have some sort of equivalent --
local HTML files perhaps.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

krishnakant Mane

I had the wxwidgets documentation on my computer as well.
and I also have the demos.
but I was wondering if there is some api reference on wxpython itself.
the problem is that wx widgets is such a huge library that every time
I want to look up some reference material, I need to first look into
the c++ version of the library and then make a mentel translation of
the same into python.
I know it is not a good thing to do always. and then it does not do
justice to the writers of wxpython. after having such a beautiful
library as a wrapp around the c++ equivalent, it is rather unjustified
to look at the c++ version of documentation isn't it?
so if there is a api reference similar to the one available on-line,
please provide the url for the same.
thanking all.
Krishnakant.

Paul McGuire

krishnakant Mane said:
[...]

I am just now learning wxPython, and I used epydoc to generate HTML doc for
the classes. To do this:
1. download and install epydoc
2. Fix bug in html.py of epydoc - line 2179 "inherit" should be "inherited"
3. Run epydoc against wx/ package directory.

You will get numerous INTERNAL ERROR: messages and "indentation error"
messages, but you will end up with a directory of HTML reference docs for
the Python classes.

-- Paul

Paul McGuire

krishnakant Mane said:
[...]

Also, there is much info at the wxPython wiki:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/FrontPage

-- Paul

krishnakant Mane

hi pol,
thanks for your helpful suggestion.
I tried it but nothing seams to work.
I can't get the folder containing html files as you suggested.
can you kindly attach a .zip archive of your generated folder as a
privat email to me?
I will be really thankful.
Krishnakant.

cptnwillard

Sorry, I think all you want is "wxPython-newdocs", which is the
wxPython-specific documentation.