WxRuby GridCellChoiceEditor Segfault

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Glen Holcomb, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. Glen Holcomb

    Glen Holcomb Guest

    Does anyone have a specific experience with WxRuby's GridCellChoiceEditor
    causing a segfault? I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong but have
    no idea how to fix it.

    Here is the code that is causing the segfault:

    def get_attr(row, col, attr_kind)
    attr = Wx::GridCellAttr.new

    if @db_table == "computers" and col == 4
    attr.set_editor(Wx::GridCellChoiceEditor.new(["CAD", "GIS", "CMT"]))
    end

    attr
    end

    This is simplier than what I need it to do but I thought the more
    complicated code might be at fault at first. The problem is when I try to
    edit one of the GridCellChoiceEditor cells it briefly renders the drop down
    menu then immediately goes back to looking like a normal grid cell. If you
    then click anywhere in the application it produces a segfault.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ruby Scripts>ruby
    circadia-
    wx5.rb
    circadia-wx5.rb:661: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24) [i386-mswin32]

    way.

    Unfortunately I'm stuck in Windows XP for this one so there isn't much I can
    do about the segfault, at least as far as I know.

    Thanks,
    Glen

    -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

    Glen Holcomb, Jul 29, 2008

  1. Andrey Vul
    Richard Bos
    Jul 30, 2010
  2. Luke A. Guest

    wxRuby License

    Luke A. Guest, Jun 30, 2003, in forum: Ruby