WxSlider Mouse Wheel Resolution

Wanderer

Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.

Thanks

Rick Johnson

Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.

Thanks

I have always found GUI mouse wheel events (and others) to be lacking
in the "user tuned control" category. NOTE: Instead of forcing your
lib users to configure specifics or re-bind events like(course,
medium, fine) simply pre-bind the following events and empower the end
user:

MouseWheel -> cb(MEDIUM)
MouseWheel+ControlKey -> cb(FINE)
MouseWheel+ShiftKey -> cb(COURSE)

What a novel FREAKING idea!

*school-bell-rings*

Rick Johnson

[...]
  MouseWheel -> cb(MEDIUM)
  MouseWheel+ControlKey -> cb(FINE)
  MouseWheel+ShiftKey -> cb(COURSE)

Of course some could even argue that three levels of control are not
good enough; for which i wholeheartedly agree!

A REAL pro would provide a configurable method to the user for which a
slider (or numerical range) would pop up to micro-adjust the
increment. However! I think all widgets should expose every
configurable option to the end user. All configure options would be
available by default and the developer can restrict ANY configure
option(s) which would have disastrous side-effects for that particular
GUI.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.
Isn't that a condition of the OS Mouse driver?

My LogiTech driver (WinXP) has "scroller: 1, 3, 6 lines"