    and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
    the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.

    Thanks
    Wanderer, Jul 2, 2012

  2. Wanderer

    Rick Johnson Guest

    On Jul 2, 10:45 am, Wanderer <> wrote:
    > Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
    > wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
    > and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
    > the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.
    >
    > Thanks

    I have always found GUI mouse wheel events (and others) to be lacking
    in the "user tuned control" category. NOTE: Instead of forcing your
    lib users to configure specifics or re-bind events like(course,
    medium, fine) simply pre-bind the following events and empower the end
    user:

    MouseWheel -> cb(MEDIUM)
    MouseWheel+ControlKey -> cb(FINE)
    MouseWheel+ShiftKey -> cb(COURSE)

    What a novel FREAKING idea!

    *school-bell-rings*
    Rick Johnson, Jul 2, 2012

  3. Wanderer

    Rick Johnson Guest

    On Jul 2, 3:45 pm, Rick Johnson <> wrote:
    > [...]
    >   MouseWheel -> cb(MEDIUM)
    >   MouseWheel+ControlKey -> cb(FINE)
    >   MouseWheel+ShiftKey -> cb(COURSE)

    Of course some could even argue that three levels of control are not
    good enough; for which i wholeheartedly agree!

    A REAL pro would provide a configurable method to the user for which a
    slider (or numerical range) would pop up to micro-adjust the
    increment. However! I think all widgets should expose every
    configurable option to the end user. All configure options would be
    available by default and the developer can restrict ANY configure
    option(s) which would have disastrous side-effects for that particular
    GUI.
    Rick Johnson, Jul 2, 2012
  4. On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:45:49 -0700 (PDT), Wanderer
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
    > wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
    > and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
    > the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.

    Isn't that a condition of the OS Mouse driver?

    My LogiTech driver (WinXP) has "scroller: 1, 3, 6 lines"

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jul 2, 2012
  5. Wanderer

    Wanderer Guest

    On Monday, July 2, 2012 6:53:36 PM UTC-4, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:45:49 -0700 (PDT), Wanderer
    > <> declaimed the following in
    > gmane.comp.python.general:
    >
    > > Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
    > > wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
    > > and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
    > > the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.
    > >

    > Isn't that a condition of the OS Mouse driver?
    >
    > My LogiTech driver (WinXP) has "scroller: 1, 3, 6 lines"
    >
    > --
    > Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    > HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

    Maybe there are some system settings but I believe they can be overridden by the application. Check out the Firefox options for the mouse wheel.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/163639/change_the_speed_of_mousewheel_scrolling_in_firefox.html
    Wanderer, Jul 3, 2012
  6. Wanderer

    Wanderer, Jul 3, 2012