WYSIWYG Editor asp.net with IFrame

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Gullivero, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Gullivero

    Gullivero Guest

    Hi,

    i don't know if it's possible, but i just describe my problem. I want
    to create a generic wysiwyg-editor in asp.net which can do the
    following:

    1. wysiwyg-html design(adding images, text formatting, tables, etc.)
    2. adding webform-controls (like <asp:label>, etc)
    3. adding user and server controls

    this is how far i came:

    1.) i read a lot of wysiwyg-editors using iframe in designmode, which
    works fine as a standard html-wysiwyg editor. I know how to do this.

    2.) basically it should be the same with the webform-controls, as the
    output of a rendered webform-control is also html. right? Heres, were
    the problems starts. How do I render the content of the iFrame again?
    do i have to update the sourcefile, of the iFrame?

    Adding controls, like

    myIFrame.controls.add (myControl)

    doesn't seem to work. accessing the innerhtml property of my Iframe
    doesnt seem to work either.

    Do i have to render the controls first and add the rendered control in
    my iFrame? Is this possible at all ? has anyone done this.

    3.) Adding user and servercontrols should be the same as described in
    2.) right?

    Do i have to maintain the webform which is displayed through the
    iFrame, or can i just add asp.net webform code to my Iframe and render
    the control with some HTMLTextWriter? Has anyone done something like
    that before ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Gulliver

    Gullivero, Feb 3, 2004

  2. I'd just go ahead and use freetextbox control. www.freetextbox.com

    If you still want to go ahead and make your own, look at the source code and
    learn from it. However you would only be reinventing the wheel ;P

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 3, 2004