    --
    Try http://www.ChatNFiles.com which has a new telnet chat system and a HUGE
    file downloads collection. Ecard: http://bccs.chatnfiles.com/ecard3.htm

    Tom Miller, Apr 1, 2007

  2. In article <460fa081$0$16376$>,
    says...
    > I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
    > quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
    > advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
    > bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

    I don't know, maybe not. I have a hard time striking a balance between
    ignoring the antagonizes and standing up for myself against those who
    want to tell me how to think.

    I am very inexperienced in HTML, having only created one web site back in
    1997 using FrontPage.

    While I have been learning HTML I find I really like DreamWeaver because
    I can easily go directly into the HTML code and edit it manually. It then
    shows me exactly what my edits have accomplished. And the best part is
    that DreamWeaver doesn't then go behind my back and change my edits back
    to what it thinks they should be. I had a lot of trouble with FrontPage
    (version 1.0) changing things around on me behind my back.

    Grant Robertson, Apr 1, 2007

  3. Scripsit Tom Miller:

    > Am I going to be
    > able to ask advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others
    > here to burnup bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

    The odds are that if you start with metadiscussion (like the above) or
    questions you wouldn't ask if you had read the group for some time (like
    your previous message asking about FAQ), many people will judge that your
    postings are uninteresting. That's not useful to you if you needed help.

    Besides, you could have read the group a little more and observed that
    asking advice about HTML or CSS does not generally cause much noise about
    wysiwyg editors.

    So read the group for a while, and ask a question if you have one, without
    preludes or apologies.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 1, 2007
  4. Tom Miller

    David Segall Guest

    "Tom Miller" <> wrote:

    >I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
    >quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
    >advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
    >bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

    How are those two sentences related? Why would a question about
    HTML/CSS depend on how the HTML or CSS was produced?

    David Segall, Apr 1, 2007
  5. Tom Miller

    Bergamot Guest

    Tom Miller wrote:

    > Am I going to be able to ask
    > advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
    > bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

    I suggest that before posting any questions, you search the google
    archives for past discussions on the same or similar subjects. Most
    "newbie" types of questions have already been asked and answered
    numerous times in several newsgroups related to HTML and CSS.

    Learn to help yourself first.
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Apr 1, 2007
  6. Tom Miller wrote:
    > I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
    > quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
    > advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
    > bandwidth about wysiwyg editors? I don't really want to cause or receive
    > heartburn on the topic of editors.

    Well, you can always request a refund if everyone doesn't say what you
    want them to say.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2007
  7. Tom Miller

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    David Segall <> wrote:

    > "Tom Miller" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
    > >quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
    > >advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
    > >bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

    > How are those two sentences related? Why would a question about
    > HTML/CSS depend on how the HTML or CSS was produced?

    David, you innocent, innocent little lamb!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 1, 2007
  8. Tom Miller

    Tom Miller Guest

    Gentleman,
    Thank you for your restrained responses.

    Tom

    Tom Miller, Apr 1, 2007
  9. Scripsit Tom Miller:

    > Gentleman,
    > Thank you for your restrained responses.

    Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
    (That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 2, 2007
  10. Tom Miller

    John Hosking Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > Scripsit Tom Miller:
    >
    >> Gentleman,
    >> Thank you for your restrained responses.

    > Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
    > (That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

    Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?

    --
    John

    John Hosking, Apr 2, 2007
  11. John Hosking wrote:
    > Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> Scripsit Tom Miller:
    >>
    >>> Gentleman,
    >>> Thank you for your restrained responses.

    >> Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
    >> (That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

    > Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?

    I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
    it's almost obvious)
    It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
    word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.
    Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Apr 2, 2007
  12. Scripsit Bernhard Sturm:

    > It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html.

    Indeed, if you try hard.

    > One wrong word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.

    Well, maybe, but mostly you need to ignore all advice given and misbehave.
    If you express your willingness to keep ignoring all good advice, as little
    misbehavior as top posting might suffice, though a forged email address is
    more effective.

    We now return to our daily discussions on HTML, boring as that might be to
    people who love meta-meta-discussions.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 2, 2007
  13. Tom Miller

    dorayme Guest

    In article <eurd2v$e7j$>,
    Bernhard Sturm <> wrote:

    > John Hosking wrote:
    > > Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > >> Scripsit Tom Miller:

    > >> Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
    > >> (That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

    > > Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?
    > >

    > I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
    > it's almost obvious)
    > It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
    > word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.
    > Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.

    In Unforgiven, Little Bill, "The House", twice beat up people
    something terrible while the townsfolk stood stunned. Bill, the
    town marshall, did not do it senselessly, it was not just that he
    was in a bad mood. He had higher strategies.

    What many do not understand here is that a great drama is being
    played out on alt.html and it will all be passed down to the
    generations to come to judge and wonder. It is not a simple tale,
    all the bits and pieces are part of a great struggle.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 2, 2007
  14. Tom Miller

    Greg N. Guest

    Bernhard Sturm wrote:

    > It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
    > word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.

    Nah, don't be so damageable. An occasional overreaction does not mean
    you're in trouble, let alone out of the game. There are plenty of
    helpful experts here.

    --
    Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
    http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

    Greg N., Apr 2, 2007
  15. Tom Miller

    Mike Minor Guest

    "Bernhard Sturm" <> wrote in message
    > John Hosking wrote:
    >> Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >>> Scripsit Tom Miller:

    >>> Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
    >>> (That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

    >> Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?
    >>

    > I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
    > it's almost obvious)
    > It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong word,
    > one odd question, and you're out of the game.
    > Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.
    >

    > --
    > www.daszeichen.ch
    > remove nixspam to reply

    AMEN!