wysiwyg html editor(s)

Tom Miller

I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
bandwidth about wysiwyg editors? I don't really want to cause or receive
heartburn on the topic of editors.

Thanks,
Tom Miller

Grant Robertson

I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

I don't know, maybe not. I have a hard time striking a balance between
ignoring the antagonizes and standing up for myself against those who
want to tell me how to think.

I am very inexperienced in HTML, having only created one web site back in
1997 using FrontPage.

While I have been learning HTML I find I really like DreamWeaver because
I can easily go directly into the HTML code and edit it manually. It then
shows me exactly what my edits have accomplished. And the best part is
that DreamWeaver doesn't then go behind my back and change my edits back
to what it thinks they should be. I had a lot of trouble with FrontPage
(version 1.0) changing things around on me behind my back.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Tom Miller:
Am I going to be
able to ask advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others
here to burnup bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

The odds are that if you start with metadiscussion (like the above) or
questions you wouldn't ask if you had read the group for some time (like
your previous message asking about FAQ), many people will judge that your
postings are uninteresting. That's not useful to you if you needed help.

Besides, you could have read the group a little more and observed that
asking advice about HTML or CSS does not generally cause much noise about
wysiwyg editors.

So read the group for a while, and ask a question if you have one, without
preludes or apologies.

David Segall

Tom Miller said:
I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?
How are those two sentences related? Why would a question about
HTML/CSS depend on how the HTML or CSS was produced?

Bergamot

Tom said:
Am I going to be able to ask
advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
bandwidth about wysiwyg editors?

I suggest that before posting any questions, you search the google
archives for past discussions on the same or similar subjects. Most
"newbie" types of questions have already been asked and answered
numerous times in several newsgroups related to HTML and CSS.

Learn to help yourself first.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

Blinky the Shark

Tom said:
I generally use a wysiwyg html editor to layout my pages. Then if its not
quite working right I tweak the html code. Am I going to be able to ask
advice about the Html/CSS here without causing others here to burnup
bandwidth about wysiwyg editors? I don't really want to cause or receive
heartburn on the topic of editors.

Well, you can always request a refund if everyone doesn't say what you
want them to say.

dorayme

David Segall said:
How are those two sentences related? Why would a question about
HTML/CSS depend on how the HTML or CSS was produced?

David, you innocent, innocent little lamb!

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Tom Miller:
Gentleman,
Thank you for your restrained responses.

Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
(That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

John Hosking

Jukka said:
Scripsit Tom Miller:

Thank you for your visit to alt.html.
(That spells "consider yourself plonked".)

Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?

Bernhard Sturm

John said:
Even if he meant it sincerely, and not sarcastically?
I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
it's almost obvious)
It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.
Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Bernhard Sturm:
It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html.

Indeed, if you try hard.
One wrong word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.

Well, maybe, but mostly you need to ignore all advice given and misbehave.
If you express your willingness to keep ignoring all good advice, as little
misbehavior as top posting might suffice, though a forged email address is
more effective.

We now return to our daily discussions on HTML, boring as that might be to
people who love meta-meta-discussions.

dorayme

Bernhard Sturm said:
I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
it's almost obvious)
It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.
Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.

In Unforgiven, Little Bill, "The House", twice beat up people
something terrible while the townsfolk stood stunned. Bill, the
town marshall, did not do it senselessly, it was not just that he
was in a bad mood. He had higher strategies.

What many do not understand here is that a great drama is being
played out on alt.html and it will all be passed down to the
generations to come to judge and wonder. It is not a simple tale,
all the bits and pieces are part of a great struggle.

Greg N.

Bernhard said:
It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong
word, one odd question, and you're out of the game.

Nah, don't be so damageable. An occasional overreaction does not mean
you're in trouble, let alone out of the game. There are plenty of
helpful experts here.

Mike Minor

Bernhard Sturm said:
I thought he meant it sincerely as well (when you read the entire thread
it's almost obvious)
It's amazing how quick one gets into trouble at alt.html. One wrong word,
one odd question, and you're out of the game.
Maybe we should all step back a little bit and relax.

AMEN!

"Stupid" Mike