Wysiwyg html image map tool

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Казбек, May 29, 2010.

  1. Казбек, May 29, 2010

  2. On May 29, 10:23 am, Казбек <> wrote:
    > Allows you to draw circle, poly or rect, set the title and href of
    > area, and convert image with shapes to the valid html map tag. It's
    > wysiwyg and it's free.http://dhost.info/eleomap/
    > Video tutorial is here -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWyxDTWNj4

    There is no wysiwyg application. Even the most popular browsers
    disagree.

    www.richardfisher.com
    Helpful person, Jun 1, 2010

  3. On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:18:38 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
    <> wrote:

    >On May 29, 10:23 am, Казбек <> wrote:
    >> Allows you to draw circle, poly or rect, set the title and href of
    >> area, and convert image with shapes to the valid html map tag. It's
    >> wysiwyg and it's free.http://dhost.info/eleomap/
    >> Video tutorial is here -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWyxDTWNj4

    >There is no wysiwyg application. Even the most popular browsers
    >disagree.

    But the video shows ....a wisiwyg application
    Raymond Schmit, Jun 1, 2010
  4. Казбек

    Rob W. Guest

    Op 1-6-2010 23:15, Raymond Schmit schreef:
    > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:18:38 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> There is no wysiwyg application. Even the most popular browsers
    >> disagree.
    >>

    > But the video shows ....a wisiwyg application

    There is no application that can build (part of) a website
    that always looks the same in every browser.

    What you get is not everytime the same as what you saw when you built it.
    And what someone else will see is unpredictable.

    At least, I think that's what Helpful person meant.

    --
    Rob
    Rob W., Jun 1, 2010
  5. On Jun 1, 2:53 pm, "Rob W." <> wrote:
    > Op 1-6-2010 23:15, Raymond Schmit schreef:
    >
    > > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:18:38 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
    > > <>  wrote:

    > >> There is no wysiwyg application.  Even the most popular browsers
    > >> disagree.

    > > But the video shows ....a wisiwyg application

    > There is no application that can build (part of) a website
    > that always looks the same in every browser.
    >
    > What you get is not everytime the same as what you saw when you built it.
    > And what someone else will see is unpredictable.
    >
    > At least, I think that's what Helpful person meant.
    >
    > --
    > Rob

    True.
    Helpful person, Jun 2, 2010
  6. On Jun 2, 10:22 am, Helpful person <> wrote:
    > > > But the video shows ....a wisiwyg application

    > > There is no application that can build (part of) a website
    > > that always looks the same in every browser.
    > > What you get is not everytime the same as what you saw when you built it.
    > > And what someone else will see is unpredictable.
    > > At least, I think that's what Helpful person meant.

    > True.

    BUT, and this is a HUGE BUTT It might not work on "ALL" browsers, but
    it will work on the overwhelming vast majority of them. Virtually
    every major corporation uses a WYSIWYG and a CMS for their sites and
    they all work just fine.

    So "technically" they are right, the output of a wysiwyg editor has
    the potential of not looking "exactly" the same on every browser. But
    not appearing "exactly the same" and "not working" are two different
    things. I use FF, and Safari on a pc and mac and almost never have an
    issue with any site I go to. And I am sure they all use wysiwyg and a
    CMS.

    Technically the statements are true
    in Reality they are not, or at the very least, they are deceiving...
    Travis Newbury, Jun 2, 2010
  7. On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:22:10 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
    <> wrote:

    >On Jun 1, 2:53 pm, "Rob W." <> wrote:
    >> Op 1-6-2010 23:15, Raymond Schmit schreef:

    >> > But the video shows ....a wisiwyg application

    >> There is no application that can build (part of) a website
    >> that always looks the same in every browser.
    >>
    >> What you get is not everytime the same as what you saw when you built it.
    >> And what someone else will see is unpredictable.
    >>
    >> At least, I think that's what Helpful person meant.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rob

    >True.

    Ok, good ... But what is the best solution to create a cliquable
    picture mapping zones ?
    Raymond Schmit, Jun 2, 2010
  8. eleomap html image map tool uses HTML5 Canvas. Canvas doesn't work in
    the IE. I've seen the solution called exCanvas, but i think it's just
    a bridge to the VML. The main idea was to use pure Canvas, so i've
    decided to reject exCanvas, and as result IE.
    Казбек, Jun 20, 2010