WYSIWYG HTML SWT

sebek

Hi,
I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
for JS.

Thanks for help!!!

Oscar

sebek said:
Hi,
I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
for JS.

Thanks for help!!!

TinyMCE is pure HTML, Javascript and CSS, so why not use it?

David Segall

sebek said:
Hi,
I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
for JS.
I don't really understand your request because you cannot use SWT on
an HTML page. If you are looking for something that can arrange SWT
components in a desktop application try one of these
<http://ide.profectus.com.au>

Chris Smith

sebek said:
I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
for JS.

Thanks for help!!!

Google "Xored"

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Oliver Wong

sebek said:
Hi,
I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
for JS.

Thanks for help!!!

It's not clear what you want. *YOU* want to *WRITE* an application in
Java, or do you simply want an application written in Java, regardless of
who wrote it? This Java applications does something to HTML documents? If
so, what does it do? If not, what is the relation to HTML?

- Oliver

sebek

so,
i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

David Segall

sebek said:
but I wont use SWT on an HTML page, I want to write JAVA application.
OK. Then visit <http://ide.profectus.com.au> and choose a free IDE. I
think NetBeans currently has the best graphical GUI editor but you may
prefer JDeveloper because its GUI editor works for Java applications
_and_ HTML pages.

Oliver Wong

sebek said:
so,
i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

PHP is typically written for server side web applications. Are you
trying to use JSP (Java Server Pages), or are you using J2SE to write a
stand-alone application that the user downloads?

- Oliver

Oliver Wong

sebek said:
standalone application that the user downloads

When you say "I have to insert simple formatting text (for example:
bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this formatting
stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of your
application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?

- Oliver

Chris Smith

sebek said:
i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

In Swing, you've got JEditorPane. It's free, but it implements HTML 3.2
+ half-done implementations of a few 4.0 features and CSS. If all you
want is bold and underline and italics and you don't need to read
existing documents, that's probably fine.

I don't know of any equivalent for SWT... but that doesn't mean it
doesn't exist.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

sebek

Oliver said:
When you say "I have to insert simple formatting text (for example:
bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this
formatting
stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of
your
application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?

so, both options... also, when i click bold button i want see in editor
bold text, but when I click save button in database should be something
like this: <b>some text</b>

Oliver Wong

sebek said:
bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this
formatting
stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of
your
application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?

so, both options... also, when i click bold button i want see in editor
bold text, but when I click save button in database should be something
like this: <b>some text</b>

Okay, so you want to write a WYSIWYG HTML Editor in Java using SWT? And
instead of saving the HTML files to disk, you're going to save them to a
database?

I advise you start by first writing a plain text-editor that can save to
the DB, and then enhancing that plain text editor to become WYSIWYG.

- Oliver