    I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
    for JS.

    Thanks for help!!!

    sebek, May 8, 2006

  2. sebek

    Oscar Guest

    sebek wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
    > for JS.
    >
    > Thanks for help!!!

    TinyMCE is pure HTML, Javascript and CSS, so why not use it?

    Oscar, May 8, 2006

  3. sebek

    David Segall Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
    >for JS.

    I don't really understand your request because you cannot use SWT on
    an HTML page. If you are looking for something that can arrange SWT
    components in a desktop application try one of these
    <http://ide.profectus.com.au>

    David Segall, May 8, 2006
  4. sebek

    sebek Guest

    :), sorry, I forgot to write, that I want to write application in java
    (in SWT).

    sebek, May 8, 2006
  5. sebek

    sebek Guest

    but I wont use SWT on an HTML page, I want to write JAVA application.

    sebek, May 8, 2006
  6. sebek

    Chris Smith Guest

    sebek <> wrote:
    > I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
    > for JS.
    >
    > Thanks for help!!!

    Google "Xored"

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, May 8, 2006
  7. sebek

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I look for free composer WYSIWYG HTML for SWT. Something like TinyMCE
    > for JS.
    >
    > Thanks for help!!!

    It's not clear what you want. *YOU* want to *WRITE* an application in
    Java, or do you simply want an application written in Java, regardless of
    who wrote it? This Java applications does something to HTML documents? If
    so, what does it do? If not, what is the relation to HTML?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 8, 2006
  8. sebek

    sebek Guest

    so,
    i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
    in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
    insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
    If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
    application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

    sebek, May 9, 2006
  9. sebek

    David Segall Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote:

    >but I wont use SWT on an HTML page, I want to write JAVA application.

    OK. Then visit <http://ide.profectus.com.au> and choose a free IDE. I
    think NetBeans currently has the best graphical GUI editor but you may
    prefer JDeveloper because its GUI editor works for Java applications
    _and_ HTML pages.

    David Segall, May 9, 2006
  10. sebek

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote in message
    > so,
    > i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
    > in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
    > insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
    > If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
    > application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

    PHP is typically written for server side web applications. Are you
    trying to use JSP (Java Server Pages), or are you using J2SE to write a
    stand-alone application that the user downloads?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 9, 2006
  11. sebek

    sebek Guest

    standalone application that the user downloads

    sebek, May 9, 2006
  12. sebek

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote in message
    > standalone application that the user downloads

    When you say "I have to insert simple formatting text (for example:
    bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this formatting
    stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of your
    application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 9, 2006
  13. sebek

    Chris Smith Guest

    sebek <> wrote:
    > i want to write application to insert data into database. I can write
    > in PHP (it`s simple) but I want to learn something new. I have to
    > insert simple formatting text (for example: bold, underline, italics).
    > If I use HTML document I can use PHP, but I wont use PHP but Java
    > application (standalone application). Is Xored, but it`s non free.

    In Swing, you've got JEditorPane. It's free, but it implements HTML 3.2
    + half-done implementations of a few 4.0 features and CSS. If all you
    want is bold and underline and italics and you don't need to read
    existing documents, that's probably fine.

    I don't know of any equivalent for SWT... but that doesn't mean it
    doesn't exist.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, May 10, 2006
  14. sebek

    sebek Guest

    Oliver Wong wrote:

    > When you say "I have to insert simple formatting text (for example:

    bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this
    formatting
    stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of
    your
    application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?

    so, both options... also, when i click bold button i want see in editor
    bold text, but when I click save button in database should be something
    like this: <b>some text</b>

    sebek, May 10, 2006
  15. sebek

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "sebek" <> wrote in message
    > Oliver Wong wrote:
    >
    >> When you say "I have to insert simple formatting text (for example:

    > bold, underline, italics).", do you mean you have to insert this
    > formatting
    > stuff into the database, or do you mean you want parts of the GUI of
    > your
    > application to appear in bold, italics, etc.?
    >
    > so, both options... also, when i click bold button i want see in editor
    > bold text, but when I click save button in database should be something
    > like this: <b>some text</b>

    Okay, so you want to write a WYSIWYG HTML Editor in Java using SWT? And
    instead of saving the HTML files to disk, you're going to save them to a
    database?

    I advise you start by first writing a plain text-editor that can save to
    the DB, and then enhancing that plain text editor to become WYSIWYG.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 10, 2006