    By the way, I'm familiar with free HTML web page design programs like 1st
    Page 2000, but I don't think it does FTP uploads, though I may be wrong.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    ConTactMe, Oct 31, 2003

  2. ConTactMe wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a WYSIWYG page/ad creator with ftp upload abilities?

    There is no such thing as a WYSIWYG.
    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 31, 2003

  3. ConTactMe

    Richard Guest

    ConTactMe wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a WYSIWYG page/ad creator with ftp upload
    > abilities? I
    > need a tool that will let my computer-illiterate friends create an ad,
    > with
    > pictures selected from their machine, and have it auto upload the
    > images to
    > the ftp. I don't really want to have it upload the page, but I can
    > have it
    > deleted afterward. The purpose is to let them create the page, add the
    > images, press the "GO" button (or VROOM, or whatever else you wanna
    > call
    > it), and then copy the HTML and paste it into a shopping cart program.
    > This
    > way, they can have an ad on my store with a buncha nice images. I
    > know this
    > sounds commercial, but I'm trying to do a favor for friends that want
    > sell some things on my site. No, I don't even have that set up yet,
    > but I
    > want to get this done.

    > By the way, I'm familiar with free HTML web page design programs like
    > 1st
    > Page 2000, but I don't think it does FTP uploads, though I may be
    > wrong.

    > Thanks for any assistance.

    www.stoneware.dk
    Be sure to click the english icon on the upper right corner. Unless you can
    read danish.
    It is geared for 800x600 and fairly close to wysiwyg.
    Includes an ftp client.
    Richard, Oct 31, 2003
  4. "ConTactMe" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a WYSIWYG page/ad creator with ftp upload abilities?

    Mozilla Composer might be suitable. You get it when you download and install
    full Mozilla - it's over 10 megabytes to download, but you need to do it
    just once. Composer has a nice manual in it, and you can use it either in
    wysiwyg mode or to edit HTML, or to switch between these. The upload feature
    is simple - once set up (with FTP userid and password), the user doesn't
    even need to know he's using FTP. However the upload process appears to be a
    bit slow for some reason.

    > I need a tool that will let my computer-illiterate friends create an ad,
    > with pictures selected from their machine, and have it auto upload the
    > images to the ftp. I don't really want to have it upload the page, but I
    > can have it deleted afterward.

    What's the idea? Why not upload the page too?

    > The purpose is to let them create the
    > page, add the images, press the "GO" button (or VROOM, or whatever else
    > you wanna call it), and then copy the HTML and paste it into a shopping
    > cart program.

    I don't get it. Why copy the HTML?

    If it's for a few friends only, you could create a subdirectory for each of
    them and ask them to upload their ads (as HTML + images) there, and take
    care of the rest yourself.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 31, 2003
  5. ConTactMe

    gmcclary Guest

    try http://www.coffeecup.com
    gmcclary, Oct 31, 2003
  6. ConTactMe

    Richard Guest

    gmcclary wrote:

    > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    >> ConTactMe wrote:

    >> > Does anyone know of a WYSIWYG page/ad creator with ftp upload
    >> > abilities? I
    >> > need a tool that will let my computer-illiterate friends create an

    >> ad,
    >> > with
    >> > pictures selected from their machine, and have it auto upload the
    >> > images to
    >> > the ftp. I don't really want to have it upload the page, but I can
    >> > have it
    >> > deleted afterward. The purpose is to let them create the page, add

    >> the
    >> > images, press the "GO" button (or VROOM, or whatever else you wanna
    >> > call
    >> > it), and then copy the HTML and paste it into a shopping cart

    >> program.
    >> > This
    >> > way, they can have an ad on my store with a buncha nice images. I
    >> > know this
    >> > sounds commercial, but I'm trying to do a favor for friends that

    >> want
    >> > sell some things on my site. No, I don't even have that set up yet,
    >> > but I
    >> > want to get this done.

    >> > By the way, I'm familiar with free HTML web page design programs

    >> like
    >> > 1st
    >> > Page 2000, but I don't think it does FTP uploads, though I may be
    >> > wrong.

    >> > Thanks for any assistance.

    >> www.stoneware.dk
    >> Be sure to click the english icon on the upper right corner. Unless
    >> you

    > can
    >> read danish.
    >> It is geared for 800x600 and fairly close to wysiwyg.
    >> Includes an ftp client.

    > try http://www.coffeecup.com

    It has nothing I can't get for free. Except maybe flash.
    Richard, Oct 31, 2003