x.400 certificate extension

Discussion in 'Java' started by ba.hons, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. ba.hons

    ba.hons Guest

    hello,

    i was wondering if anyone could help as i have searched the internet
    and can find no information on my problem.

    i need to add an x.400 certificate extension to a x509 certificate in
    java, i have managed to add an IP address and a otherName attribute but
    i have NO idea on how to add the x.400 through code

    below is the code i am using to add the othername:

    SEQUENCE otherName = new SEQUENCE();
    otherName.addComponent(new ObjectID("1.3.6.1.4.1.2706.1.2.13",
    "MyOtherName"));
    otherName.addComponent(new PrintableString("This is an other name!"));
    GeneralName genName = new GeneralName(GeneralName.otherName,
    otherName);

    GeneralNames gns = new GeneralNames(gn);
    SubjectAltName san = new SubjectAltName(gns);
    X509Extensions exts = new X509Extensions();
    exts.addExtension(san);

    ANY help at all would be great, even if it is to tell me it cant be
    done!

    thanks in advance

    adam
    ba.hons, Nov 2, 2006