X-Platform method of remote execution of Windows programs

utabintarbo

How can I execute a program in windows on a remote pc, from both linux
and windows, using python (more-or-less) alone?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Bob

Dennis Lee Bieber

How can I execute a program in windows on a remote pc, from both linux
and windows, using python (more-or-less) alone?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Well, let's start with the simplest...

How would you run that program WITHOUT writing a program? Then
emulate that method inside the Python program. For example, you might
log-in through telnet, and pass commands to a shell.

utabintarbo

Well, I can do this using WMI thru VBScript for Windows-Windows
connections. What I would like is a method using python for both
Windows-Windows and Linux-Windows connections. I've looked at pyWMI
(http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html), and found it unclear in
it's dealings with remote boxes. A look at win32com netted me a load of
"Access Denied" errors.

An alternative is using OpenSSH for Windows (on sourceforge), but I am
looking for a solution which would not require any additional software
on the Windows boxen.

Thanks for the reply.

Bob