Al

Hi,

We have pretty simple ASP (not ASP.Net) application, which has been running
fine on IIS4 and IIS5. It has now been moved to a sever running in the DMZ
and managed by a 3rd party. The server is Win2003 and IIS 6.0

Within the Globe.asa file, have an Application_OnStart SubRoutine (Visual
Basic) and it bombs out on the first line

Application("cnSecurity_ConnectionString") = "connectionProperties"

With the error

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject failed
Globe.asa, line 25

Any ideas would be appreciated

I've posted this is several places.

Al

joker

You might also try reading 294271 INFO: ASP Error Codes.

The section about "ASP 0117 Missing close of script tag"

So you might have a <% without a corresponding %>

Jeff Dillon

Do you have a Server.CreateObject in your global.asa? The error messages
states that this is the problem, not setting the application variable.

Jeff