Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Al, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Hi,

    We have pretty simple ASP (not ASP.Net) application, which has been running
    fine on IIS4 and IIS5. It has now been moved to a sever running in the DMZ
    and managed by a 3rd party. The server is Win2003 and IIS 6.0

    Within the Globe.asa file, have an Application_OnStart SubRoutine (Visual
    Basic) and it bombs out on the first line

    Application("cnSecurity_ConnectionString") = "connectionProperties"

    With the error

    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    Server.CreateObject failed
    Globe.asa, line 25

    Any ideas would be appreciated

    I've posted this is several places.

    Al

    Al, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Al

    joker Guest

    Re: X-Post: Cannot set Application object in IIS6.0, but could inIIS5

    You might try http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2134

    joker, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Al

    joker Guest

    Re: X-Post: Cannot set Application object in IIS6.0, but could in

    The only other suggestion I have is for you to check out the following
    articles over at the following link.

    http://support.microsoft.com/search...&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

    Please note that it ends with "&numDays=&InCC=on" (without the quotes of
    course).

    joker, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Al

    joker Guest

    Re: X-Post: Cannot set Application object in IIS6.0, but could in

    You might also try reading 294271 INFO: ASP Error Codes.

    The section about "ASP 0117 Missing close of script tag"

    So you might have a <% without a corresponding %>

    joker, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Al

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Do you have a Server.CreateObject in your global.asa? The error messages
    states that this is the problem, not setting the application variable.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Aug 26, 2004