X Windows Problems in 2.5.2

Discussion in 'Python' started by SwimmingApe@gmail.com, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    first off I'm running MAC OS X 10.4.11 on a Intel MacBook Pro using
    Apples X11. For a project I am working on I have to start a separate
    gui (in this case based on the Fox toolkit) as a thread in python. So
    I have a swig wrapper around some C++ code which starts the thread,
    creates the windows etc.. This worked fine in python 2.4 as well as in
    python 2.5.1. However with 2.5.2 I am getting a continuous stream of
    error messages which seem to be X related.

    X Error: code 3 major 12 minor 0: BadWindow (invalid Window
    parameter).
    X Error: code 9 major 70 minor 0: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
    Window parameter).
    X Error: code 9 major 62 minor 0: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
    Window parameter).
    X Error: code 3 major 12 minor 0: BadWindow (invalid Window
    parameter).
    X Error: code 3 major 12 minor 0: BadWindow (invalid Window
    parameter).
    X Error: code 9 major 70 minor 0: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
    Window parameter).
    :
    :
    :

    Does anyone know what difference between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 could cause
    something like this. The identical code call from 2.5.1 or straight
    from C++ works perfectly and I don't have enough experience with X
    related problems to even know where to look

    Thanks

    Timo

    , Feb 27, 2008