x64 PC approved manufacturers

Mark Oliver

Hi,

Dell doesn't sell any AMD x64 bit PCs at all. Compaq will sell me one,
but "Each Presario SA4010Z desktop is configured and shipped as a 32-bit
solution". Will installing Wiindows 2003 Server x64 over the 32-bit WinXP
loaded on the Compaq PC make the PC "a 64-bit solution"? Does Microsoft
have a approved list of x64 desktop or laptop PCs or manufacturers?

Thanks
Mark

Joerg Jooss

Mark said:
Hi,

Dell doesn't sell any AMD x64 bit PCs at all. Compaq will sell
me one, but "Each Presario SA4010Z desktop is configured and shipped
as a 32-bit solution". Will installing Wiindows 2003 Server x64
over the 32-bit WinXP loaded on the Compaq PC make the PC "a 64-bit
solution"? Does Microsoft have a approved list of x64 desktop or
laptop PCs or manufacturers?

How does that relate to ASP.NET?