x64 vs x86 vs AnyCPU

Rory Becker

I run Vista x64

I run VS2008 Pro

When I create new Apps they default to AnyCPU.

When these run on my machine they execute as x64 and therefore prevent me
from using Edit and Continue.

I decided to change my app to x86.

However when I now try to run my app, I get "Could not load file or assembly
'Testx64' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program
with an incorrect format. "

I assue this is because something about my IIS is trying to force my x86
application to run under x64 (I run IIS 7)

Can someone help me correct this

Rory Becker

Hello Rory,
I decided to change my app to x86.

However when I now try to run my app, I get "Could not load file or
assembly 'Testx64' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to
load a program with an incorrect format. "

I assue this is because something about my IIS is trying to force my
x86 application to run under x64 (I run IIS 7)

Can someone help me correct this?

I have found and "Advanced setting in IIS7 which "Enables" 32bit Apps

This seems to have fixed things