    Tobias
    --
    <http://www.schierge.de/tobias/>
    Tobias Schierge, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Tobias Schierge

    Christian Guest

    Tobias Schierge <> wrote in message news:<bvovm8$rau$01$-online.com>...
    > i'm using the document()-function within xsl to process about 100 documents
    > within one xalan-transformation. This leads to an outofmemoryexception.
    >
    > The FAQ <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html> sais that i need to use the
    > PI..
    >
    > <?xalan:doc-cache-off?>
    >
    > ..to prevent xalan from caching these document.
    >
    > But if i add this piece of code the parser says that a colon is not allowed
    > when using namespaces.
    >
    > What do i need to use this processing instruction?

    As far as I know, Xalan cashes all documents, it received through the
    document function. The implementation of the document function in

    org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.LoadDocument

    takes a boolean value if it should cache such documents:

    private static DTMAxisIterator document(String uri, String base,
    AbstractTranslet translet, DOM dom,
    boolean cacheDOM)
    throws Exception

    Guess this processing instruction turns the value to "false"
    Christian, Feb 9, 2004