    Thats what I had to do, but I thought there were better ways.
    Suggestions please.
    TIA

    awebguynow, May 31, 2008

  2. awebguynow wrote:
    > What are the rules for classpath, when using Xalan on the command
    > line?

    http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html:
    # Issues running Xalan-Java on JDK 1.3
    # Issues running Xalan-Java on JDK/JRE 1.4 or higher
    # Issues running Xalan-Java on Tomcat with JDK 1.4

    Joseph J. Kesselman, Jun 2, 2008

  3. awebguynow

    awebguynow Guest

    I had no luck trying to use xalan j_2_7_1 either on command-line
    (WinXP) or in Tomcat environment. Is it unusable ?
    I'm sure I am not alone in this problem.
    What is the best solution ? To step back to a usable version of
    Xalan ? maybe 2.6 ?

    Also, what is the compiled jar for ? xsltc.jar ? is this needed ?
    when ?
    TIA for your reply.

    awebguynow, Jun 2, 2008
  4. awebguynow wrote:
    > Is it unusable ?

    Worked fine for many others. Have you followed the pointer I gave and
    checked out the instructions on Xalan's website?

    > Also, what is the compiled jar for ? xsltc.jar ? is this needed ?
    > when ?

    XSLTC mode executes stylesheets by compiling them down to Java code
    rather than by interpreting them. This takes longer to prepare the
    stylesheet for use, but thereafter yields faster execution; it's
    particularly useful for stylesheets which will be invoked repeatedly and
    changed relatively rarely. Again, see Xalan's online documentation for
    more information about this trade-off.

    Joseph J. Kesselman, Jun 2, 2008