Xalan, Xerces Problem finding Default Provider

Mark F

I've tried every way I can think of to get my application to see the
DocumentBuilderFactory but I cannot. Is there some trick or work around
to fix this problem:

at
at
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.documentum.xerces_2_3_0.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:99)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.util.DomUtil.readXml(DomUtil.java:284)

----

com.documentum.xerces_2_3_0.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl is in
the classpath and should be found but no matter where I put it in the
classpath it is ignored or not found.

Thanks,
-Mark