xaml designer // where is one?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sloan, Dec 17, 2007.

  1. sloan

    sloan Guest

    I feel like I've gotten everything.

    XP Pro SP2.

    VS2005 2.0 and 3.0 installed.

    VS2008 Pro installed (eval version, but installfest license on the way).

    Expression Web
    Expresssion Blend w SP1
    Expression Design w SP1

    The runtime for 1.1
    Microsoft Silverlight 1.1 Alpha September Refresh

    The tools for 1.1
    Microsoft Silverlight 1.1 Tools Alpha for Visual Studio 2008

    And I still can't find a xaml ~designer~.

    I guess I'm looking for what I can use to do some basic xaml design..with a
    designer.
    My target is Silverlight 1.1. I'm not really interested in silverlight 1.0.

    I can hand type some xaml (trivial examples is what I can do at the
    moment...I've just started).
    But I'm yet to find a designer tool.

    Any help is appreciated.
    sloan, Dec 17, 2007

  2. sloan

    clintonG Guest

    Look for the labs to learn the Expression Suite and do some of them like the
    Fabrikam Video Player tutorial. Better yet, try reading xDesign help file.
    Start with xDesign and then use that little thingy called a menu to select
    File > Export and you get XAML you can bring into xBlend. As for 1.0 vs 1.1
    (2.0) I don't know what to say

    clintonG, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Did u install WPF extentions?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...37-CC86-4BF5-AE44-F5A1E805680D&displaylang=en

    --
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    Blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    Michael Nemtsev, Dec 17, 2007
  4. sloan

    Fred Chateau Guest

    You didn't mention Expression Blend 2. If you haven't used it, download the
    December Preview.

    --
    Regards,

    Fred Chateau
    fchateauAtComcastDotNet

    Fred Chateau, Dec 18, 2007
  5. sloan

    sloan Guest

    Yes, I did download that as well.
    (For VS2005 and I had it installed before I installed VS2008).

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...37-CC86-4BF5-AE44-F5A1E805680D&displaylang=en

    I'm assuming there is not a VS2008 equivalent. (No need to respond unless
    I'm wrong).

    sloan, Dec 18, 2007