xchat plugin - stuck

Autarkis

Hi all

I don't have a lot of experience in programming. I use python as a replacement for mIRC scripting in xchat.

I made a module that looked like this.

#!/usr/bin/python
__module_name__ = "helloxchat"
__module_version__ = "0.3"
__module_description__ = "Python module test"

import xchat

def passwordtest(word, word_eol, userdata):
xchat.emit_print(word[0])

return xchat.EAT_NONE

xchat.hook_server("PRIVMSG", passwordtest)

That's it.

Loaded fine in Python and did an Echo, fine. That's what I wanted.

But now it's stuck! I unloaded the programm, the python.so module, restarted xchat, reinstalled xchat and all, but the echo is still here. (The program is no longer).

This has to be something really stupid, so if you could help me out here I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

marduk

If you copied the module into your ~/.xchat2 directory it will auto-load
when you run xchat.

[...]

Nevermind, Problem solved.

It was too stupid to explain - just forget me and my post.

Python feels great!

fishboy

[...]

Not sure if you got an answer to this, but maybe the compiled module
is still around somewhere. Same name as your module but ending in
..pyc.