XCOPY deployment -- failure: "File creation error..."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by matt@mailinator.com, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hello,

    i am attempting to deploy my local asp.net solution's files to a shared
    folder on the production machine, elsewhere on the network. here is my
    xcopy .bat:

    SET SERVERPATH=\\SomeMachine\SomeShare\myProject

    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO double-check path:
    ECHO.
    ECHO %SERVERPATH%\
    ECHO.
    PAUSE

    xcopy D:\projects\myProject %SERVERPATH%\_code /e /k /r /o /h /i /d
    /y /exclude:deploy_excludes.txt

    ....this works when deploying locally, but fails on the production
    machine w/ the following:

    File creation error - This security ID may not be assigned as the
    owner of this object.

    Unable to create directory - \\SomeMachine\SomeShare\myProject

    for debugging i set the network share's permissions to allow "Everyone"
    full control. i have no trouble copying the same files over via Windows
    Explorer.

    any one know why xcopy fails? is some sort of impersonation needed?

    thanks,
    matt
    , Jul 25, 2006