Xcopy in Asp.net

Discussion in '.NET' started by Radhi, Oct 6, 2008.

  1. Radhi

    Radhi

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have some folders in server1 . These folder have ACL set according to the user . I have to copy these folders to another server, say server 2 thru my ASp.net application . The application is hosted in server 3.

    How can I do this ?
    i use xcopy in a batch file and execute the batch file thru my .net application . Except xcopy, other commands are executed . I need to use xcopy since i need to preserve the ACL .

    MY Batch File
    -------------

    @echo off
    :: variables

    set backupcmd=xcopy /s /e/o/i
    echo ### Xcopy...
    %backupcmd% "\\server1\BIM\099" "\\server2\IN\TEST2"

    Iam calling this batch file and i try to execute line by line thru asp.net

    Is there any better way of handling this ?

    Thanks in Advance
    Radhi
    Radhi, Oct 6, 2008