XDoclet dies on stack overflow (Eclipse JBoss plugin)

Alex Molochnikov

I have an EJB project that depends on a number of other projects containing
variuous classes. Experimentally I found, that when these other projects
have mutual dependencies, such that project B must be placed into project
A's build path, and project A must be listed in the build path of B, any
attempt to create the XDoclet configuration for the EJB project, or to run
XDoclet, results in the java.lang.StackOverflowError (see the error log
below):

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Apr 09, 2005 18:31:34.185
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Apr 09, 2005 18:31:34.185
!MESSAGE java.lang.StackOverflowError
!STACK 0
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:257)
at java.util.HashMap.get(HashMap.java:313)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.getPerProjectInfo(JavaModelMa
nager.java:910)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.getPerProjectInfoCheckExisten
ce(JavaModelManager.java:925)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getPerProjectInfo(JavaProject.java
:1651)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getRawClasspath(JavaProject.java:1
696)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getRawClasspath(JavaProject.java:1
682)
at
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.util.ProjectUtil.populateClassPath(Project
Util.java:50)
at
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.util.ProjectUtil.populateClassPath(Project
Util.java:95)
at
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.util.ProjectUtil.populateClassPath(Project
Util.java:95)
..... repeated many times ....

If the projects A and B are removed from the EJB's buld path, XDoclet works
as expected (but I really need both for compile). Does anyone have an idea
of how to resolve this?

Ideally, I would like to instruct XDoclet to look at only one Session bean
file, where XDoclet tags are, and ignore everything else, to avoid the
circular action, and even tried the fileset option to exclude all files
except the Session bean, but it did not work.

Eclipse version is 3.0.2, XDoclet 1.2.1, Windows XP Pro.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Alex Molochnikov
Gestalt Corporation

Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Generation of XDoclet in a multiproject setup

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem as you're describing. Have you found a solution in the meanwhile?

Cheers,

Joep