    Ben Guest

    Does anyone know about some Xduce compilers or implementations for Windows?
    And your experience with that. thank

    Ben, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Ben

    Alain Frisch Guest

    > Does anyone know about some Xduce compilers or implementations for Windows?
    > And your experience with that. thank

    Well, XDuce is written in OCaml, so it should be possible to compile it on
    Windows.

    I'm the author of CDuce (http://www.cduce.org/), a close cousin of XDuce.
    It is also written in OCaml, and I've been able to compile it under
    Windows some time ago (with minor Makefile modifications in third-party
    libraries). Let me know if you try to install CDuce and need some
    help.

    OCaml has three Windows ports: a native one which uses the MS toolchain,
    a Cygwin one, and a mingw one. The mingw port is probably the best
    option.

    (For those who don't know: XDuce and CDuce are XML-oriented functional
    languages, with a built-in notion of XML types and a powerful XML pattern
    matching primitive. Transformations written in these languages, as opposed
    to e.g. XSLT, are statically checked and can only produce valid output
    documents for arbitrary valid input documents).

    -- Alain

    Alain Frisch, Aug 18, 2005