Xduce compiler?

Ben

Does anyone know about some Xduce compilers or implementations for Windows?
And your experience with that. thank

Alain Frisch

Does anyone know about some Xduce compilers or implementations for Windows?
And your experience with that. thank

Well, XDuce is written in OCaml, so it should be possible to compile it on
Windows.

I'm the author of CDuce (http://www.cduce.org/), a close cousin of XDuce.
It is also written in OCaml, and I've been able to compile it under
Windows some time ago (with minor Makefile modifications in third-party
libraries). Let me know if you try to install CDuce and need some
help.

OCaml has three Windows ports: a native one which uses the MS toolchain,
a Cygwin one, and a mingw one. The mingw port is probably the best
option.

(For those who don't know: XDuce and CDuce are XML-oriented functional
languages, with a built-in notion of XML types and a powerful XML pattern
matching primitive. Transformations written in these languages, as opposed
to e.g. XSLT, are statically checked and can only produce valid output
documents for arbitrary valid input documents).

-- Alain