Xenon 2000 project pcf

Discussion in 'C++' started by A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    im trying to work throught the mags(finially) but the first one is giving me
    code warrior's compiler is giving me the following errors/warnings,any help
    please?

    Error : undefined identifier 'DIK_OEM_102'
    gs_keycodes.h line 106 gsKEY_OEM_102 = DIK_OEM_102,
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : undefined identifier 'DIK_PAUSE'
    gs_keycodes.h line 114 gsKEY_PAUSE = DIK_PAUSE,
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_scoretable.h line 23 const int gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE = 3;
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 24 class gsCSoundSystem : public gsCObject
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 25 {
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 26 private:
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 33 public:
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Warning : implicit 'int' is no longer supported in C++
    gs_soundsystem.h line 34 gsCSoundSystem();
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : illegal function overloading
    gs_soundsystem.h line 34 gsCSoundSystem();
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Warning : implicit 'int' is no longer supported in C++
    gs_soundsystem.h line 35 gsCSoundSystem();
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : illegal function overloading
    gs_soundsystem.h line 35 gsCSoundSystem();
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    Error : '}' expected
    demo1.cpp line 235 }
    Project: demo1.mcp, Target: Windows C++ GUI Debug, Source File: demo1.cpp

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 3, 2003

  2. "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message
    > im trying to work throught the mags(finially) but the first one is giving

    me
    > code warrior's compiler is giving me the following errors/warnings,any

    help
    > please?

    [error messages snipped]

    You are expecting help on error messages without quoting the source code
    that is giving rise to the errors. Do you think we are psychic?

    john

    John Harrison, Aug 3, 2003

  3. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    all i want to know is what they mean?
    im trying to lean c++ but i cant work out what its try to say to me

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 4, 2003
  4. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    > [error messages snipped]
    >
    > You are expecting help on error messages without quoting the source code
    > that is giving rise to the errors. Do you think we are psychic?
    >
    > john

    yo want the 4 for pages of code?
    they wont fit here but here goes.

    1)
    Error : undefined identifier 'DIK_OEM_102'
    gs_keycodes.h line 106 gsKEY_OEM_102 = DIK_OEM_102,

    code= gsKEY_OEM_102 = DIK_OEM_102,

    2)
    Error : undefined identifier 'DIK_PAUSE'
    gs_keycodes.h line 114 gsKEY_PAUSE = DIK_PAUSE,

    code= gsKEY_PAUSE = DIK_PAUSE,
    3)
    Error : ';' expected
    gs_scoretable.h line 23 const Int gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE=3;

    code=

    const Int gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE=3;

    4)
    Error : undefined identifier 'gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE'
    gs_scoretable.h line 30 char m_name[gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE];

    code=

    struct gsScoreItem
    {
    int m_score;
    char m_name[gsSCORE_NAME_SIZE];
    };

    5)
    Error : ';' expected
    gs_soundsystem.h line 24 Class gsCSoundSystem : public gsCObject
    6)
    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 26 private:
    7)
    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_soundsystem.h line 33 public:
    8)
    Warning : implicit 'int' is no longer supported in C++
    gs_soundsystem.h line 34 gsCSoundSystem()
    9)
    Error : ';' expected
    gs_soundsystem.h line 35 gsCSoundSystem();

    code=

    Class gsCSoundSystem : public gsCObject

    private:
    bool m_active;
    gsCList<gsCSample *> m_sample_list;
    gsCList<gsCMusic *> m_music_list;

    gsCMusic *m_current_music;

    public:
    gsCSoundSystem()
    gsCSoundSystem();

    bool create();
    bool destroy();

    bool isActive();

    void clearMusicList();
    bool addMusic(const char *filename);
    int getNumberOfMusics();
    bool playMusic(int index);
    void stopMusic();
    bool isMusicFinished();

    void clearSampleList();
    bool addSample(const char *filename);
    int getNumberOfSamples();
    bool playSample(int index,int panning = 0);
    void stopSamples();

    void setVolume(int music_percent,int sample_percent);

    10)
    Error : declaration syntax error
    gs_sprite.h line 66 inline void gsCSprite::setActive(bool state)
    code =

    inline void gsCSprite::setActive(bool state)
    {
    m_active = state;

    11)
    Error : '}' expected
    demo1.cpp line 235 }

    // Draw all the sprites on screen

    void CDemo1::drawSprites()
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < m_sprite.getSize(); i++)
    m_sprite->draw();

    // Move all sprites

    void CDemo1::moveSprites()
    {
    gsCRect screen_rect = m_screen.getRect();

    // this basically moves each sprite up the screen

    // if the sprite goes off the screen it's wrapped
    // around to the bottom

    for (int i = 0; i < m_sprite.getSize(); i++) {

    m_sprite->move(gsCPoint(0,-((i & 3) + 1)));

    gsCRect sprite_rect = m_sprite->getRect();

    if (!(sprite_rect.overlaps(screen_rect)))
    m_sprite->move(gsCPoint(0,m_screen.getSize().getY() +
    m_image.getSize().getY()));

    this looks bad cus i have lost the format but the source was givenaway on a
    mag

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 4, 2003
  5. "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message
    > all i want to know is what they mean?
    > im trying to lean c++ but i cant work out what its try to say to me

    Unforunately compiler error messages often aren't very meaningful.
    Especially after the first few errors compilers often get confused and start
    reporting evrything as an error. You just have to get used to how you
    compiler works.

    Error : undefined identifier 'DIK_OEM_102'
    gs_keycodes.h line 106 gsKEY_OEM_102 = DIK_OEM_102,

    This is very simple, in C++ every name (or identifier) has to be defined
    before it is used. The compiler is complaining that you are using the name
    DIK_OEM_102 without having defined it first. This is happening in the file
    gs_keycodes.h.

    Something tells me that isn't a file that you wrote, so why would a file
    that someone else wrote be giving you a compilation error. I can't really
    answer that. I suspect that you are trying something too ambitious, without
    genuinely understanding what you are doing, and just hoping that it will
    work.

    DIK_PAUSE is the same but the rest are impossible to say without seeing the
    code. That means all the code, not just the line that error is on. Post the
    code if you want more help, all the code. Sometimes when there is a lot of
    code, people place it on a web site and post the link.

    john

    John Harrison, Aug 4, 2003
  6. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    thanks ill opst the code page seperatly.
    im usind Code warrior but the code was written using bcc and code warrior
    doesn't like bcc's grammer.

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 4, 2003
  7. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    gs_keycodes.h

    //
    // Class: gsCKeyboard - keyboard codes
    //
    // Author: John M Phillips
    //
    // Started: 12/03/00
    //
    // Base: gsCInput
    //
    // Derived: None
    //

    #ifndef _INCLUDE_GS_KEYCODES_H
    #define _INCLUDE_GS_KEYCODES_H

    // Key Codes

    typedef enum {
    gsKEY_NONE = 0,
    gsKEY_ESCAPE = DIK_ESCAPE,
    gsKEY_1 = DIK_1,
    gsKEY_2 = DIK_2,
    gsKEY_3 = DIK_3,
    gsKEY_4 = DIK_4,
    gsKEY_5 = DIK_5,
    gsKEY_6 = DIK_6,
    gsKEY_7 = DIK_7,
    gsKEY_8 = DIK_8,
    gsKEY_9 = DIK_9,
    gsKEY_0 = DIK_0,
    gsKEY_MINUS = DIK_MINUS,
    gsKEY_EQUALS = DIK_EQUALS,
    gsKEY_BACK = DIK_BACK,
    gsKEY_TAB = DIK_TAB,
    gsKEY_Q = DIK_Q,
    gsKEY_W = DIK_W,
    gsKEY_E = DIK_E,
    gsKEY_R = DIK_R,
    gsKEY_T = DIK_T,
    gsKEY_Y = DIK_Y,
    gsKEY_U = DIK_U,
    gsKEY_I = DIK_I,
    gsKEY_O = DIK_O,
    gsKEY_P = DIK_P,
    gsKEY_LBRACKET = DIK_LBRACKET,
    gsKEY_RBRACKET = DIK_RBRACKET,
    gsKEY_RETURN = DIK_RETURN,
    gsKEY_LCONTROL = DIK_LCONTROL,
    gsKEY_A = DIK_A,
    gsKEY_S = DIK_S,
    gsKEY_D = DIK_D,
    gsKEY_F = DIK_F,
    gsKEY_G = DIK_G,
    gsKEY_H = DIK_H,
    gsKEY_J = DIK_J,
    gsKEY_K = DIK_K,
    gsKEY_L = DIK_L,
    gsKEY_SEMICOLON = DIK_SEMICOLON,
    gsKEY_APOSTROPHE = DIK_APOSTROPHE,
    gsKEY_GRAVE = DIK_GRAVE,
    gsKEY_LSHIFT = DIK_LSHIFT,
    gsKEY_BACKLASH = DIK_BACKSLASH,
    gsKEY_Z = DIK_Z,
    gsKEY_X = DIK_X,
    gsKEY_C = DIK_C,
    gsKEY_V = DIK_V,
    gsKEY_B = DIK_B,
    gsKEY_N = DIK_N,
    gsKEY_M = DIK_M,
    gsKEY_COMMA = DIK_COMMA,
    gsKEY_PERIOD = DIK_PERIOD,
    gsKEY_SLASH = DIK_SLASH,
    gsKEY_RSHIFT = DIK_RSHIFT,
    gsKEY_MULTIPLY = DIK_MULTIPLY,
    gsKEY_ALT = DIK_LMENU,
    gsKEY_SPACE = DIK_SPACE,
    gsKEY_CAPITAL = DIK_CAPITAL,
    gsKEY_F1 = DIK_F1,
    gsKEY_F2 = DIK_F2,
    gsKEY_F3 = DIK_F3,
    gsKEY_F4 = DIK_F4,
    gsKEY_F5 = DIK_F5,
    gsKEY_F6 = DIK_F6,
    gsKEY_F7 = DIK_F7,
    gsKEY_F8 = DIK_F8,
    gsKEY_F9 = DIK_F9,
    gsKEY_F10 = DIK_F10,
    gsKEY_NUMLOCK = DIK_NUMLOCK,
    gsKEY_SCROLL = DIK_SCROLL,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD7 = DIK_NUMPAD7,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD8 = DIK_NUMPAD8,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD9 = DIK_NUMPAD9,
    gsKEY_SUBTRACT = DIK_SUBTRACT,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD4 = DIK_NUMPAD4,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD5 = DIK_NUMPAD5,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD6 = DIK_NUMPAD6,
    gsKEY_ADD = DIK_ADD,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD1 = DIK_NUMPAD1,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD2 = DIK_NUMPAD2,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD3 = DIK_NUMPAD3,
    gsKEY_NUMPAD0 = DIK_NUMPAD0,
    gsKEY_DECIMAL = DIK_DECIMAL,
    gsKEY_OEM_102 = DIK_OEM_102,
    gsKEY_F11 = DIK_F11,
    gsKEY_F12 = DIK_F12,
    gsKEY_ENTER = DIK_NUMPADENTER,
    gsKEY_RCONTROL = DIK_RCONTROL,
    gsKEY_DIVIDE = DIK_DIVIDE,
    gsKEY_SYSRQ = DIK_SYSRQ,
    gsKEY_RIGHTALT = DIK_RMENU,
    gsKEY_PAUSE = DIK_PAUSE,
    gsKEY_HOME = DIK_HOME,
    gsKEY_UP = DIK_UP,
    gsKEY_PAGEUP = DIK_PRIOR,
    gsKEY_LEFT = DIK_LEFT,
    gsKEY_RIGHT = DIK_RIGHT,
    gsKEY_END = DIK_END,
    gsKEY_DOWN = DIK_DOWN,
    gsKEY_PAGEDOWN = DIK_NEXT,
    gsKEY_INSERT = DIK_INSERT,
    gsKEY_DELETE = DIK_DELETE,
    } gsKeyCode;

    #endif

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 4, 2003
  8. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    > Something tells me that isn't a file that you wrote, so why would a file
    > that someone else wrote be giving you a compilation error. I can't really
    > answer that. I suspect that you are trying something too ambitious,

    without
    > genuinely understanding what you are doing, and just hoping that it will
    > work.
    >
    > john

    im trying to follow a tut posted in the mag with the source.

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 4, 2003
  9. "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message

    > "John Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Something tells me that isn't a file that you wrote, so why would a file
    > > that someone else wrote be giving you a compilation error. I can't

    really
    > > answer that. I suspect that you are trying something too ambitious,

    > without
    > > genuinely understanding what you are doing, and just hoping that it will
    > > work.
    > >
    > > john

    > im trying to follow a tut posted in the mag with the source.

    Yes but is it a tutorial for your compiler? Different compilers accept
    different code and some tutorials don't make it clear which compiler they
    are written for.

    A good tutorial in the C++ language would be accepted by any compiler but a
    bad one wouldn't. My guess is that you are following a graphics tutorial,
    and since standard C++ has no graphics at all, every graphics tutorial is
    going to be specific to one particular compiler or platform. There is no
    guarantee that it will work on another compiler or platform.

    You need to learn what is standard C++ and what is not. I would suggest you
    find a tutorial in standard C++ before you start to learn other stuff like
    graphics.

    john

    John Harrison, Aug 4, 2003
  10. "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message
    > thanks ill opst the code page seperatly.
    > im usind Code warrior but the code was written using bcc and code warrior
    > doesn't like bcc's grammer.

    I doubt it's the grammar, it's probably 3rd party libraries which are
    supported by one compiler but not the other.

    john

    John Harrison, Aug 4, 2003
  11. Re: gs_keycodes.h

    "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message
    > //-------------------------------------------------------------
> [...]

    Well whoever John M Phillips is he isn't a very good programmer.

    You can see a whole load of identifers used in the header file which aren't
    defined, DIK_ESCAPE, DIK_1, DIK_2, DIK_3 etc. etc. Also no comments at all
    to explain what he thinks he's doing.

    If you can't figure out what to do from your tutorial I suggest you go and
    find a better one instead. An experienced programmer could figure out this
    mess, but its completely unsuitable as a tutorial.

    john

    John Harrison, Aug 4, 2003
  12. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    no it for borland free command line tools which i never got to work.

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 5, 2003
  13. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    Re: gs_keycodes.h

    oh well its worth a try thanks

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 5, 2003
  14. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    unfortunatly i only have incomplete source from 4 of the 6 mags featuring
    the source. why interested in working on it?

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 6, 2003
  15. A.J.B 2.K.3

    Allan Bruce Guest

    "A.J.B 2.K.3" <> wrote in message
    > unfortunatly i only have incomplete source from 4 of the 6 mags featuring
    > the source. why interested in working on it?
    > "Allan Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > > Can you tell me where you got the source code for xenon? I wouldnt mind

    > > small look.
    > > Thanks
    > > Allan

    I would be very interested in working on it - I had a quick look on the web
    and found people who claim to have the complete source but nobody has
    replied to me yet
    Allan

    Allan Bruce, Aug 6, 2003
  16. A.J.B 2.K.3

    A.J.B 2.K.3 Guest

    me too all seem to be dead ends.
    i have two avanues left to try and ill let you know the resaults.
    Check out
    http://project_ut436.tripod.com and i may one day post the source i have
    there!.

    A.J.B 2.K.3, Aug 7, 2003
  17. A.J.B 2.K.3

    bemik

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    can U please write me where I can get source of xenon 2000?

    bemik, Nov 4, 2008