    Xerces C++ parsers.
    API documentation provided by apache is very raw and i do not find it
    very useful.
    Dhirendra Singh, May 31, 2007

  2. Dhirendra Singh wrote:
    > I am new to xml parsing concept. can anyone suggest good books on
    > Xerces C++ parsers.

    In the XML world, anything on paper is almost by definition obsolete.
    I'd suggest checking the tutorials at http://www.ibm.com/xml to see if
    they have one that covers Xerces-C++.

    It's been a long time since I looked at C++ version of Xerces, but I
    believe its API is very similar to that of the Java version, which is
    essentially the industry-standard APIs for XML (DOM and SAX), plus JAXP
    (the Java API for XML Parsing, essentially an extension of the SAX APIs
    to support DOM parsers, which in fact was derived largely _from_
    Xerces), plus a few custom APIs for more advanced functions like
    manipulating schemas. In other words, if you're writing something
    straightforward, you can probably take any standards-based sample, plug
    in Xerces, and get it running with at most minor tweaks.

    Joe Kesselman, May 31, 2007

  3. Joe Kesselman wrote:
    > I'd suggest checking the tutorials at http://www.ibm.com/xml

    The introductory page there
    (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/newto/index.html) points to three
    basic tutorials:

    * Make the most of Xerces-C++, Part 1
    * Make the most of Xerces-C++, Part 2
    * Serialize XML data

    Joe Kesselman, May 31, 2007
  4. Hi,

    Dhirendra Singh <> writes:

    > I am new to xml parsing concept. can anyone suggest good books on
    > Xerces C++ parsers.
    > API documentation provided by apache is very raw and i do not find it
    > very useful.

    You may find examples in the Xerces-C++ distribution helpful to get
    started. For example the DOMPrint example shows how to print an XML
    document using DOM. SAX2Print shows the same for SAX.

    Also you may want to consider using a data binding tool to simplify
    access to the data stored in XML. URL to one such tool (based on
    Xerces-C++) is in my signature.

    hth,
    -boris

    --