Xerces C++ Terminate problem?

Discussion in 'XML' started by shaun roe, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. shaun roe

    shaun roe Guest

    This is perhaps more c++ than XML:

    I have a main program which instantiates two classes which use Xerces.
    Up until recently I followed the following philosophy in each class:

    1) In constrcuctor, initialise XMLplatform utils and 'new' a
    XercesDOMParser for use in the rest of the class.

    2) In the destructor, 'delete' the parser pointer and call
    XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate().

    This worked fine for a while, but recently I'm getting erratic
    crashes/hangs which may point to a memory allocation/release problem. In
    particular, the program tends to hang in the destructors, right at the
    end of the program when all the works been done. (the classes both go
    out of scope at the same point, when the program terminates)

    I'm now trying variations on terminating/not terminating the XMLPlatform
    Utils, or deleting/not deleting the pointer.

    Whats the magic recipe?

    cheers

    shaun
    shaun roe, Sep 22, 2005