Xerces installation

Discussion in 'XML' started by toka, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. toka

    toka Guest

    Hi all

    This is probably a recurring question but I have been stuck on this all day.

    I've installed Xerces-J and I'm sure I have the path and classpath all set
    up properly but when I type in the following in the command prompt:

    java sax.SAXCount data/personal.xml

    I'm told that the class does not exist. I've looked, and it doesn't. Has
    this been deprecated? And is there something that does the same thing? I had
    this all working about a year ago but have since lost that computer, so I
    know that what I've typed has worked in the past.

    Any clues?

    cheers

    allan

    toka, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Are you thinking of the example class sax.Counter ?

    Priscilla Walmsley
    Author, Definitive XML Schema (Prentice Hall PTR)

    Priscilla Walmsley, Apr 28, 2004