xerces J parser overwrites version

harihawking

the xml parser associates the attribute list with each type present in
my xml.
It is so haapening that the version attribute present in <?xml
version=1.0> is present in that list for every type in my xml. the
namespace associated with that version attribute is "www.omg.org/
XMI".

I have set the following methods-
setNamespaceAware(true)
setValidating(true).

Can anyone let me know wat the problem is, and the work around?

hari

Joe Kesselman

Shouldn't be happening in the parser unless your schema or DTD is
asserting a default/fixed version onto those elements. Note that this is
completely independent of the version of XML that you've specified in
the XML declaration.

If turning off validation makes this behavior go away, your DTD or
schema is *definitely* the next thing to check.

After that, I'd check whatever logic you're using Xerces to feed, since
I have real trouble believing that this is a parser bug. Xerces has been
used too long, too widely, for that kind of problem to be likely.