Xerces Library

Discussion in 'C++' started by Benjamin Black, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Hello, I'm trying to get some code that uses the Xerces library (XML
    parsing) to run in Visual C++ 2005 Express. I've linked the library
    (xerces-c_2D.lib) and the \lib and \include locations to the project and
    everything compiles, but can't link it:

    1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl
    xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(wchar_t * *)"
    (__imp_?release@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAXPAPA_W@Z) referenced in function
    __catch$_main$0
    1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    "__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
    xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTBOM"
    (__imp_?fgDOMWRTBOM@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
    1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    "__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
    xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint"
    (__imp_?fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
    etc...
    From my past experience these problem usually occur when you have forgotten
    to link the library, but I'm sure I've linked the correct library
    xerces-c_2D.lib (and removing this lib makes more errors).

    Any ideas???? Apologies if I've posted to the wrong group.

    Thanks
    Benjamin
    Benjamin Black, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Benjamin Black

    mlimber Guest

    Benjamin Black wrote:
    > Hello, I'm trying to get some code that uses the Xerces library (XML
    > parsing) to run in Visual C++ 2005 Express. I've linked the library
    > (xerces-c_2D.lib) and the \lib and \include locations to the project and
    > everything compiles, but can't link it:
    >
    > 1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    > "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl
    > xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(wchar_t * *)"
    > (__imp_?release@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAXPAPA_W@Z) referenced in function
    > __catch$_main$0
    > 1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    > "__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
    > xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTBOM"
    > (__imp_?fgDOMWRTBOM@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
    > 1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    > "__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
    > xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint"
    > (__imp_?fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
    > etc...
    > From my past experience these problem usually occur when you have forgotten
    > to link the library, but I'm sure I've linked the correct library
    > xerces-c_2D.lib (and removing this lib makes more errors).
    >
    > Any ideas???? Apologies if I've posted to the wrong group.

    No problem. Here's an FAQ that has a list of better groups for you to
    post to:

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jun 13, 2006