Xerces, Xalan and MemoryManager

Discussion in 'XML' started by annelaurence.putz@gmail.com, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have a C++ application which must use Xerces 2.7 and Xalan 1.10
    In this Xerces version, there is a MemoryManager Class, and from the
    web site :
    ''With the introduction of the configurable memory manager, we didn't
    want to break users by changing the signature of the existing methods
    (for example, transcode and replicate). Also, we did not want to
    provide a default memory manager as it would introduce a side effect
    with users experiencing some strange core dumps. "

    So it's ok for calling functions without MemoryManager.

    But in Xalan 1.10, functions have to be called with a MemoryManager
    (Constructor of XercesDocumentWrapper for example).
    First, I'm not supposed to implement MemoryManager in the soft I
    develop, and I haven't find any documentation or sample about
    MemoryManager which could help me to implement my MemoryManager in
    order to use it in Xalan.

    While Xerces allows not to use MemoryManager, Xalan don't ?

    Someone could explain me what can I do, or how I can construct my own
    basic MemoryManager ?

    Thanks a lot to anyone who could help me !

    --
    Anne-Laurence Putz

    , Oct 23, 2006