    Looks like now only me using it. All users and developers have moved to
    something newer and easier to play with. If this is correct, please
    give me a reply. :-(
    Asper Faner, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Asper Faner

    Asper Faner Guest

    Asper Faner wrote:
    > Looks like now only me using it. All users and developers have moved to
    > something newer and easier to play with. If this is correct, please
    > give me a reply. :-(

    Instaed of using xerces, are ther any other simpler ways to process
    xml, something more handy, non-expert friendly for example
    Asper Faner, Nov 23, 2006

  3. Asper Faner wrote:

    > Instaed of using xerces, are ther any other simpler ways to process
    > xml, something more handy, non-expert friendly for example

    Yes, there are many other tools.

    If you are mostly interested in extracting some details,
    doing statistics or finding some tags, I can recommend
    this one:

    http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/

    If you have to parse XML files and reproduce the
    exact XML data tree, then XMLgawk is probably not
    your first choice. Decide your self what you need
    and what is helpful to you.
    Juergen Kahrs, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Asper Faner

    Asper Faner Guest

    Juergen Kahrs wrote:
    > Asper Faner wrote:
    >
    > > Instaed of using xerces, are ther any other simpler ways to process
    > > xml, something more handy, non-expert friendly for example

    > Yes, there are many other tools.
    >
    > If you are mostly interested in extracting some details,
    > doing statistics or finding some tags, I can recommend
    > this one:
    >
    > http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/
    >
    > If you have to parse XML files and reproduce the
    > exact XML data tree, then XMLgawk is probably not
    > your first choice. Decide your self what you need
    > and what is helpful to you.

    Thanks for your reply, I will consider myself again, and i will tell
    you after that.
    Asper Faner, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Asper Faner wrote:
    > Looks like now only me using it. All users and developers have moved to
    > something newer and easier to play with. If this is correct, please
    > give me a reply. :-(

    Huh? There's an active Xerces user and developer community. But the
    Xerces-specific discussion mostly takes place on Apache's own mailing
    lists rather than here.

    Joe Kesselman, Nov 25, 2006