Xerces2 Java Parser 2.8.0 Release

Ethel

I want to use a validating XML parser on my machine. I downloaded Xerces2
Java Parser 2.8.0 Release binary files, which includes the documentation.
Unfortunately I can't find any instructions on how to run it from a command
line prompt or via a graphic user interface. Can anyone help?

Martin Honnen

Ethel said:
I want to use a validating XML parser on my machine. I downloaded Xerces2
Java Parser 2.8.0 Release binary files, which includes the documentation.
Unfortunately I can't find any instructions on how to run it from a command
line prompt or via a graphic user interface. Can anyone help?

The download/documentation comes with samples
<http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples.html>
which demonstrate the features of Xerces and show you how to use Xerces
in Java programs.
Some of the samples might do what you want without the need for you to
write your own code, see the documentation of (command line) options e.g.
<http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples-sax.html>