xform novice help

Discussion in 'XML' started by markbfernandez@gmail.com, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm working on a simple xform, and it looks great viewing it locally.

    When I upload it to my site, none of the xform tags work?

    I went back and cut/paste this simple "hello world" code from <a
    href="http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/XForms/HelloWorld">wikibooks</a> to
    test out:
    xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
    <head>
    <title>Hello World in XForms</title>
    <xf:model>
    <xf:instance xmlns="">
    <Data>
    <PersonGivenName />
    </Data>
    </xf:instance>
    </xf:model>
    </head>
    If you are running XForms, the output should be displayed in
    the output area.</p>
    <xf:input ref="/Data/PersonGivenName" incremental="true">
    <xf:label>Please enter your first name: </xf:label>
    </xf:input>
    <xf:eek:utput value="concat('Hello ', /Data/PersonGivenName , '.
    We hope you like XForms!')">
    <xf:label>Ouput: </xf:label>
    </xf:eek:utput>

    and again, no xform stuff (except when viewed locally).

    What am I missing? I've got the Mozilla XForms 0.7 extension
    (obviously, or it wouldn't work locally). I thought nothing was done on
    the server side?

    , Dec 11, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I'm working on a simple xform, and it looks great viewing it locally.
    >
    > When I upload it to my site, none of the xform tags work?

    How do you serve the document? As text/html? Consider serving as
    application/xml or application/xhtml+xml so that Mozilla uses its XML
    parser to parse the document.

    If you still have problems then mozilla.dev.tech.xforms is a better
    place to ask and find expertise on Mozilla's XForms implementation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Dec 12, 2006