xform novice help

markbfernandez

I'm working on a simple xform, and it looks great viewing it locally.

When I upload it to my site, none of the xform tags work?

I went back and cut/paste this simple "hello world" code from <a
href="http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/XForms/HelloWorld">wikibooks</a> to
test out:
xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
<head>
<title>Hello World in XForms</title>
<xf:model>
<xf:instance xmlns="">
<Data>
<PersonGivenName />
</Data>
</xf:instance>
</xf:model>
</head>
If you are running XForms, the output should be displayed in
the output area.</p>
<xf:input ref="/Data/PersonGivenName" incremental="true">
<xf:label>Please enter your first name: </xf:label>
</xf:input>
<xf:eek:utput value="concat('Hello ', /Data/PersonGivenName , '.
We hope you like XForms!')">
<xf:label>Ouput: </xf:label>
</xf:eek:utput>

and again, no xform stuff (except when viewed locally).

What am I missing? I've got the Mozilla XForms 0.7 extension
(obviously, or it wouldn't work locally). I thought nothing was done on
the server side?

Martin Honnen

I'm working on a simple xform, and it looks great viewing it locally.

When I upload it to my site, none of the xform tags work?

How do you serve the document? As text/html? Consider serving as
application/xml or application/xhtml+xml so that Mozilla uses its XML
parser to parse the document.

If you still have problems then mozilla.dev.tech.xforms is a better
place to ask and find expertise on Mozilla's XForms implementation.