    in other words it needs to grab the values straight from the schema.

    Any help would be very much appreciated

    Thanks
    Jonathan, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Jonathan wrote:

    > Does anyone know if it's possible to do the following:
    >
    > I currently have an XML schema set up, part of which includes an
    > enumerated datatype (based on string) giving a list of values that I
    > want for a particular element.
    > Is there any way to bind this to a 'select' or 'select1' element in
    > XForms without having to list out all the choices again on the XForm:
    > in other words it needs to grab the values straight from the schema.

    I think the problem is that all XForms attribute like ref or nodeset are
    using XPath to point into an XForms <instance> element while the XML
    schema doesn't usually sit in the <instance>.
    However if you move it there then you can use XPath with an <itemset
    nodeset="path to enumeration"> element to load the values from the schema:
    http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/xforms/bindingSelectToEnumeration.xml

    I am new to XForms so there might be other (and easier) ways.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jan 2, 2004