xhtml and objects

tankedup

Hi

I'm in the process of updating a site to xhtml, preferably validated.

To achieve this, apparently the applet tag is depreciated and I now
have to use object instead.

I have done this on a test page here
http://www.tankedup-imaging.com/xhtml/links.html and it seems to work
very well. In Firefox and Opera that is. Much as I'd love the rest of
the world to use one of these browsers, most still use clunky old IE.

If you look at the link in IE it doesn't work (although it was/is fine
on the main site).

Does anyone know how I can fix this and where I'm going wrong. I am as
you may well see from the site self taught over the last 2 years, but
always willing to learn :)

Thanks in advance