XHTML Help, I'm going to go crazy....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neil Monk, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Neil Monk

    Neil Monk Guest

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.neilmonk.com/new/inde
    x.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29

    or:

    http://tinyurl.com/4bzeh

    Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Because I can't figure it out for
    the life of me!

    It appears that the validator does not like the <UL> tag where it is, but as
    long as I've known, this is the correct way to do lists.

    Can anyone help me, before I go crazy?

    PLEASE?!
    fyi, the page in question is http://www.neilmonk.com/new/index.php
    --
    Neil
    ** http://www.neilmonk.com

    Neil Monk, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Neil Monk

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:28:28 GMT, Neil Monk
    <neil.monk02@__REMOVE__NO__SPAM__blueyonder.co.uk> declared in alt.html:

    > It appears that the validator does not like the <UL> tag where it is, but as
    > long as I've known, this is the correct way to do lists.

    That hasn't ever been the correct way to do lists. A list cannot be in a
    paragraph.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Neil Monk

    Neil Monk Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:28:28 GMT, Neil Monk
    > <neil.monk02@__REMOVE__NO__SPAM__blueyonder.co.uk> declared in
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> It appears that the validator does not like the <UL> tag where it
    >> is, but as long as I've known, this is the correct way to do lists.

    > That hasn't ever been the correct way to do lists. A list cannot be
    > in a paragraph.

    Cheers you are a star.

    I have been at it the past two hours, starting with about 40 errors on the
    validator, and just going through one by one, guessing what the problem was,
    and the right way to fix it, and that was the only one I got stuck on.

    At first the validator seemed to like it better as

    probs, oh well, osrted now, ta!

    --
    Neil
    ** http://www.neilmonk.com