xhtml-print parser

Discussion in 'Python' started by p.nagarajkumar@gmail.com, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    my question is i have parsed the xhtml data stream using c
    i need to diplay the content present in the command prompt as the data
    present in the webpage as links how it can be done?
    , Feb 25, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:

    > my question is i have parsed the xhtml data stream using c


    That's not a question. And this is a language for discussing
    Python, not C.

    > i need to diplay the content present in the command prompt as the data
    > present in the webpage as links how it can be done?


    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    --
    Michael Hoffman
    Michael Hoffman, Feb 25, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Steve Holden Guest

    Michael Hoffman wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> my question is i have parsed the xhtml data stream using c

    >
    >
    > That's not a question. And this is a language for discussing
    > Python, not C.
    >

    Whoa, there! Ease off that trigger-finger, pardner ...

    >> i need to diplay the content present in the command prompt as the data
    >> present in the webpage as links how it can be done?

    >

    Looks like a question to me ...
    >
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


    Consider that the OP might want to pass the C parser output to a Python
    web-content generator, which would make a deal of sense.

    regards
    Steve
    Steve Holden, Feb 25, 2005
    #3
  4. Steve Holden wrote:

    > Consider that the OP might want to pass the C parser output to a Python
    > web-content generator, which would make a deal of sense.


    You're welcome to guess what the OP wants to do, but I'm not going to.
    If he or she asks a coherent question it will probably be answered.
    --
    Michael Hoffman
    Michael Hoffman, Feb 25, 2005
    #4
  5. Steve Holden Guest

    Michael Hoffman wrote:

    > Steve Holden wrote:
    >
    >> Consider that the OP might want to pass the C parser output to a
    >> Python web-content generator, which would make a deal of sense.

    >
    >
    > You're welcome to guess what the OP wants to do, but I'm not going to.
    > If he or she asks a coherent question it will probably be answered.


    I have no problem with that. Indeed I am often surprised that questions
    that I regard as too incoherent to be understood are frequently not only
    understood but also answered with patience and fortitude.

    Given that you couldn't spare the time to try to intuit the purpose of
    the question, I was surprised you took the time to complain about its
    incoherence. It's usually (IMHO) much more productive to ignore c.l.py
    questions I don't have time for, and it's certainly more polite.

    If more of us had ignored Iliardis Lazarus, or whatever his name was,
    he'd have gone away a lot quicker :)

    regards
    Steve
    Steve Holden, Feb 25, 2005
    #5
  6. Steve Holden wrote:

    > I have no problem with that. Indeed I am often surprised that questions
    > that I regard as too incoherent to be understood are frequently not only
    > understood but also answered with patience and fortitude.


    I am too.

    >
    > Given that you couldn't spare the time to try to intuit the purpose of
    > the question, I was surprised you took the time to complain about its
    > incoherence. It's usually (IMHO) much more productive to ignore c.l.py
    > questions I don't have time for, and it's certainly more polite.


    I usually ignore the questions I find incoherent myself, and like you I
    am surprised when they can be answered. But the ones that I can't
    imagine being answered by those with even the greatest intuition and
    patience? I figure some response is better than none, and that's what
    this question would have gotten otherwise.

    > If more of us had ignored Iliardis Lazarus, or whatever his name was,
    > he'd have gone away a lot quicker :)


    I only responded a couple of times before I killfiled the thread, which
    is what I should have done to start with. But I don't think it should
    have passed without comment (not necessarily from me).
    --
    Michael Hoffman
    Michael Hoffman, Feb 27, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    7
    Views:
    864
  2. chronos3d
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    757
    Andy Dingley
    Dec 5, 2006
  3. keto
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    897
  4. David Cournapeau

    print a vs print '%s' % a vs print '%f' a

    David Cournapeau, Dec 30, 2008, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    335
    David Cournapeau
    Dec 30, 2008
  5. Usha2009
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,116
    Usha2009
    Dec 20, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page